1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware PC Hardware Buyer's Guide July 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 13 Jul 2010.

1. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

The 300 was tested in the mag, Custom PC. Bit-Tech haven't technically tested it.

Welcome to the forums :)

2. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

Also, it's one hell of a great quality and most of all cheap case. However, CustomPC mag now recommends the SilverStone PS02B Precision in place of the Antec Three Hundred and that was reviewed Issue 76, p110

3. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Miniscule difference at most. There was an article on BT about it.

Timings have more significant improvement VS MHz.

4. Dragon7Samurai

Dragon7Samurai What's a Dremel?

I am considering a build similar to the 'enthusiast overclocker' rig and was wondering if anyone has built something similar and could recommend a good choice of DRAM. The article states (probably intentionally) 4GB of 1600 and a price but no manufacturer.

I have usualy gone with corsair in the past and have found them to be reliable and stable even beyond rated speeds but the gigabyte do not list any corsair at all in the 1600 section of the memory QVL. I just wondered in anyone had tried them as I would like to get 2x2GB sticks now and double up later on butget permitting and would like to know they will work!

Thanks

5. Luay

Luay What's a Dremel?

I apologize for posting without getting the full picture. Now that I do, I agree with this article more than before, except for the "gaming workhorse".

I would go for the cheaper I5 750 (760 if it is out), and replace the Gigabyte UD2 motherboard with the UD4 for stability when overclocking.

I am going to wait for one more month to decide on the GPU as I won't be able to bear seeing Star Craft 2 without playing it!

Tags: Add Tags