1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Phenom II X6 1055T OR X4 Black Editions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hyper_somniac, 1 May 2010.

1. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Here's something I've found from personal experience, AMD CPU's are a lot harder to break, I've melted quite a few of intels finest down the years and not 1 of AMD's, they may not be quite as good when it comes to bench mark record breaking but in terms of reliability i find it hard to beat them. I was going to upgrade to an i7 system but then the 1090t appeared and that'll be my next step based on personal experience (and the fact that I'm already running an AMD rig)

2. hyper_somniac

hyper_somniac What's a Dremel?

Haha, thats true, I was an Ati fan before they were acquired by AMD, so my next buy will probably be a 5770.

3. 7715jacks

7715jacks What's a Dremel?

cooler advice

im purchasing a amd x6 1055t cpu and board come monday,ive heard that the stock coolers arnt that great.anyone recommend a decent cooler. i planned to get the corsair h50, but been told that air cooling would work just as well,and save me some cash. any suggestions on what cooler to get please.

4. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

An i5 750 or above have 4 physical cores not 2, making them faster than the phenom II x4s and x6s especially when overclocked.

I'd go for an i5 750 :)

5. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

I was going to get a x6 Phenom, and i do things like 3d Modeling, photoshop and lots of gaming! i now have a i5 750 and it outperforms the x6 in most things, you have to remember that most applications can't really utilize the extra 2 core although highly parallel programs will benefit from it, there's not really a lot out there other than renderers and few gaming engines.

The i5 750 can be overclocked to 3-4.00ghz stably, plus it has 4 physical cores. and overall is alot better than the amd phenom x6 ...

most of the LGA 1156 motherboards are also mutli-GPU ready for Crossfire and SLI so that keeps your options open...
    just make sure you get a mobo with sata III and USB 3.0 so its slighty future proof.
    and check out some reviews on bit-tech... The i5 750 out performs the AMD x6 on everything, from gaming to image rendering, expect the highly Parallel applications

6. DarrenH

DarrenH What's a Dremel?

Let's stick to the question in hand rather than continue the AMD vs Intel debate!

He has already chosen to go the AMD/ATI route so let's help him with his dilemma. It's all about budget. If you can afford the 1090T then go for that one but if it's a choice between the 1055T or the 965 BE I would choose the 965 Black Edition and have some fun with it.

Tags: