1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Photo of the Day

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by bentleya, 25 Jul 2009.

1. Canon

Canon Reformed

Thank you, I'm really irked by the fences not meeting the corners of the frame but I suppose with the slight slope of the road it would have been a nightmare. I did really enjoy taking these photographs though.

Here's what I was photographing, you can see my little cattle enclosure I climbed into (don't tell) opposite the chap recording.

edit: I had more fun watching the marshal posted just up the road being tortured by a herd of cattle that was first startled by us entering and then by the noise, he couldn't get down from his post for over an hour but was still laughing hysterically.

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

3. samkiller42

4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Some nice work there, Sam - liking it! :rock:

The missus is planning a trip for us to Glencoe at some point this year (not sure when weather is best) so if anyone has any tips or inside knowledge, do shout. I did a bit-search for the same and found a thread that Xir had posted some time ago relating to a planned holiday up the same way, so have got some place names from there. I also found this one which links off to @Tim S's pages, which have some fantastic shots - just goes to show what you can find on here!

Anyway, I think from the reading around that I'm going to either get something like this or this to play around with, so again, if anyone has any tips or recommendations, I would certainly be grateful.
    :thumb:

samkiller42 and Arboreal like this.
  5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

There's McCraig Tower in lovely Oban. The tour of the hydroelectric plant at Cruachan is surprisingly good. Stalker Castle, made famous by Monty Python could be a good photo. Wandering around Kinlochleven up the hills a bit gives some good views. If you're up for it, there's a path that leads to Glen Nevis and Steall Waterfall. It's a bit craggy in places but a darn good hike and the reward in the Glen is certainly worth it. The road from Fort William to Ballachullish was closed one day I was up there so I had to take the road around and catch the short Corran ferry trip. What a road though. I followed the bend in a road to be greeted with a seaplane taking off across the loch. Amazing! Of course, you've got Glenfinnan Viaduct up there, with some spectacular views up the hill. The climb up the Pap offers fantastic views too.
    I went up at the back end of March and during the week there really was barely another soul around. It really helps you to appreciate the awesome beauty of the place. I need to go back sometime, for sure!

ModSquid likes this.
  6. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Fantastic! Thank you kindly indeed. I've given a list to the Chief Planning Co-ordinator and she's now in the midst of plotting a route, so looks like we're on.
    :thumb:

I'll have to re-familiarise myself with the camera before we go and return with some half-decent shots...downside of not using it often enough...

samkiller42 likes this.
  7. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Guys (esp Sam!) - just trying to resuscitate my Flickr a/c and add some shots but I can't seem to do whatever @samkiller42 does and don't know what I'm missing. I usually just dump anonymously on imgbb but was trying to start being a bit more pro ahead of the above trip.

I realise you don't know what I'm doing wrong without being sat at the desk alongside, but if anyone could advise how to share a Flickr album, I'd be grateful! Only "share" option I can see won't give me a link, just wants a Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest upload :oldconfused:.

8. samkiller42

This video alone has given me the 'Yep, I need to go to Glencoe'
    @ModSquid , Give me a few mins, i'm pretty sure I know what your looking for.

Sam

ModSquid likes this.
  9. samkiller42

Ok, @ModSquid On your image, There's 4 Icons along the bottom Right 'Settings, Arrow, Download & Cart'
    Click the arrow, This is Share. You can now click on 'Share, Embed, Email & BBCode'
    BBCode is what you'll need to post on a forum.
    I reduce the size down to Medium, But copy all the text, and paste it into the forum
    [img}[/img]
    Highlight
    by Sam Masters, on Flickr
    When you paste it, it'll be one long line, but in-between "[/url]", You can hit enter, and that's how you have your flickr name, and photo title on a line below your photo.

I hope that makes sense, Just drop me a message if not.

Sam

ModSquid likes this.
  10. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

11. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

This looks fantastic - some great shots there! :rock:
    Have just shown the missus and we're a bit fired up for this now. Will have a look at Sam's video shortly as well.

Cheers Sam! That's done the trick. Only thing I couldn't work out is how to paste and share the whole album at once - there didn't seem to be a BB code option, just a link (which I've attached). Do you guys normally copy photo links in individually, or is there a better way?

Anyway, I've dropped some of these experimental efforts in - was out for a walk in the woods one late afternoon around Christmas and we got evidence of Santa fleeing the area under the early moon. Was particularly dark but under a hunter's moon, all taken on the Pixel 7 (just testing it out). Have added smaller versions for the forum, but some of them are quite decent if you click and view full size. There's a white dot in a couple that looks like a bum pixel but it's actually a really bright star...

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjB9f5p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Santa leaving the area

[​IMG]
    Santa caught legging it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Purple, centred

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arboreal and samkiller42 like this.
  12. samkiller42

I don't really share the album, just individual photo's, I also don't batch upload, and 99% of the time, I'll upload one at a time. Speaking of which, I've got photo's from my trip to France over Christmas, which I've not uploaded yet.

Sam

13. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Ah, gotcha - cheers for your help with all this :thumb:.

The batch upload was okay once I'd worked out the process, but I might have to start being a bit more choosy about which ones I keep/upload. And try not to swamp the thread! Looking forward to the France output, bud.

14. samkiller42

I don't have many photo's from France, Weather wasn't very good, and we didn't go anywhere. Here is the first of just a handful of good photo's.
    [​IMG]
    Rustic Winter

Sam

kenco_uk and ModSquid like this.
  15. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Well, you're not selling the holiday but the first of the uploads looks great!
    This the Z7?

16. samkiller42

Lovely day today, warm in the sun and out of the wind, But you can feel the wind for sure.

[​IMG]
    Gosport Lifeboat

Sam

Canon, IanW and Arboreal like this.
  17. al_bundy

al_bundy Minimodder

Siquijor Island, Philippines.

5.jpg

18. samkiller42

Last edited: 11 Jan 2024