1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Pirates - Obsidian700D [ update: 150811 Gamescom is coming - watercooling overworked

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by thechoozen, 22 Oct 2010.

1. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thx a lot m8´s!!

after another month without any news to this project i can finally show you another update....in the last month we were very busy because we had to move our workshop to a much bigger place so that we have more space to be creative :D

But one of the most important things first! We would like to send a big Thank you to the guys @ Corsair for the cool Hardware which arrives today !!!!( the first parts for the system)

[​IMG]

Now that the most of the work is done we can begin to start over with our projects...so we started with another "fangrill" which we will use inside of the case for the fan on the rear...we already prepared a grill for it, but we thought it will look better if we change it for a more closed version which will cover the complete fan....

so we tooked a sheet of metall and started to cut out our fangrill....after that we bent it and startet to paint it :thumb:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Beside that we started to finalize the airbrush on the outside of the case (and added a lot details)...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and we also prepared a cover for the midplate
    [​IMG]

2. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Absolutely stunning

3. Marcos_Viegas

Marcos_Viegas Minimodder

Awesome work man!!!

I'm spechless... wonderfull painting job.

4. ulysses Cazuquel

ulysses Cazuquel Sex, Casemod & Rock'N Roll!!!

thechoozen
    Your project started very well!
    I always had this idea of bond my cuts with an airbrush

Ulysses Cazuquel
    Silver Dragon "New Sponsor Gigabyte" Pag18

5. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Now I'm just like, WOW, even more... Now with 20% more drool.

6. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

Very Nice :baby:

7. Raiden

Raiden Portuguese reviewer

Your airbrushing skills are great , i hope there´s another Cp europe to see your works there:D

8. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Looks incredible!
    Although, as awesome as the fan grills look, I'm also worried at how much they'll block the air.

9. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

please please PLEASE tell me your going to put that neon green ship inside a bottle shaped reservoir :lol:

and apologies if this has already been said or talked about, I only had a chance to skim the thread before my lunch break is over!

10. llamafur

llamafur WaterCooled fool

I love this case and I love this mod.

11. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thanks a lot mates!!

sure :D thats the plan...but i´m not sure if the reservoir will be bottle shaped....because that could be very difficult (but we will see :D)

today we made only minor progress on the case itself....but the major parts of the hardware arrived so that only minor parts are missing at the moment....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

beside that we finished the cover for the midplate....just a few cuts were made so that it looks more natural like a sheet of wood from a shipwreck then we started the painting process to make it look older :D

[​IMG]

and inside the case for a quick test...
    [​IMG]

12. KidMod-Southpaw

13. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

today another short update :rock:

we wanted to do much more......but then other things had to be done first :D

but what we could manage to do....

we added the PSU, the SSD´s and the first LED´s to the Case....:thumb:

Before we could assemble the SSD´s we first had to build something what can hold them...so we thought that we like the look of the midplate and decided to go for the same style with the ssd´s ...so we cut out another sheet of wood and added all neede holes...after that we added some color with our airbrush gun and finally mounted the SSD´s on it so that we could put it into the case for a first test....

After that we tooked the Fan which was mounted under the midplate and screwed it to the bottom of the Case ...so that it can put fresh air through the skull ....because of its upside down position the Fan offers an ideal position for a LED Spot which we mounted on top of it.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. KidMod-Southpaw

The woods some classy stuff right there! I wouldn't have the Led's next to the wood- it ruins the looks of it.

15. cchr

cchr Minimodder

i agree, i would have taken white LEDs and cover them with semi-transparent black film to give a dim lighting effect. Another idea would be to take white LEDs shaped like light bulbs and carefully spray-paint the tips so that light will only come out from the sides of the transparent material, which would also give this dimmed effect

great job on the mod, love the spray paint and the wood!

KidMod-Southpaw likes this.
  16. KidMod-Southpaw

That, my friend, is a hell of an idea. +1

17. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thx m8´s :thumb:

oh thats just at the moment....it was the first spot we installed for a test...in the last days we try out various positions and combinations of LED Spots to find the perfect combination.....for the "normal" illumination we will use white LEDs and for the skulls we will use the red spots...but we find a few good places for the white spots so that they cover the most of the red shine (from direct views)

Today another package with hardware for the system arrives so that we would like to send a big thank you to MSI!!

But now, we also have the spoilt for choice (i hope google translated correct) :D:rock:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Beside that we started to assemble the hardware ....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. KidMod-Southpaw

Oh wow, that looks nice!

19. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Hah, nice case. I love the pirate theme. Never actually realised that the Corsair logo was sails? weird... Still, Corsair's weren't really pirates as such. They were privateers hired/authorized by nations at war to attack the ships of the enemy, keeping the loot and the ship. So, kind of legal piracy, one might say.

20. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thx!!

in the last days not so much happened, because we were trying different combinations of gfx cards to get the best performance out of the system, beside that we mounted the plexiglas behind the sidepanel, so that the outside of the case is now complete....in the next days we´re going to optimize it so that it will make no problems during the cebit next week :thumb:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]