1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Places that cut plexi

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Guest-2808, 5 Sep 2003.

1. Guest-2808

Guest-2808 Guest

I'm looking for somewhere in the UK that can cut plexi for me. B&Q only do wood, and the guy at Homebase seemed reluctant. Maybe I could try another Homebase...

I don't have a bench saw, so doing perfect cuts is hard. I'd like to put plexi on the outside of my case, where the edges will show, so it needs to be 100% perfect at the edges.

MoJo

2. Kermet

Kermet [custom title]

I've always found that scoring (sometimes rather allot) and snapping gives a perfect cut, may need some practice though, luckily I learnt this when cutting panes of glass and tiles (the things you learn in part time jobs). Maybe a bit more difficult if you need thicker plexi, though I don't think a saw would give a particualy good finish anyway. Have searched google for plexi suppliers in the past, have a look, one of them could probably help you.

3. Guest-2808

Guest-2808 Guest

Thanks for the advice Kermet. I did try scoring once ages ago, but I think the plexi was a bit too thick. I got mine from Homebase, I think it's about 5mm or so.

What technique to do you use for scoring? What kind of knife and how do you keep it steady enough to make accurate cuts? There must be some secret to doing it that I don't know :)

MoJo

4. kong

kong cnc-guy

I think 5mm will be a bit thick for scoring/snapping. Your best bet is to get hold of a router and a sharp, straight bit.

5. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

Kermet that avatar ownes