Windows Planetside 2 - Massive Combat on an Epic Scale

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RedManc, 17 Feb 2012.

1. PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn Unholy Cyborg Fruit Machine

only a few crashes, maybe 10 times out of 200+ hours.

drawback of the lattice system though is the zerg funnels, biolabs drop framerate quite badly, and been finding that the servers seem to melt during alerts. gets infuriating when players only pop into existence 5-10 meters away from you

get 45ish FPS in really big battles on HD7950 (900/1250 MHz) and I5 3570k (4.5GHz) at 1440p but thats CPU limited then, GPU limited at around 70fps (everything on high)

2. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I've got everything cranked up to max and I'm CPU limited on an i7 3770. Don't get any framerate drops, and very rarely see lag - asking around it seems that lag is more down to your internet connection speed than anything.

I quite like the lattice, mainly because it encourages fights outside of bases, which is far more fun.

3. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

I played for a couple hours last night and joind a two other people for a bit of fighting, it was ok but im currently happy just helping anyone near by, one asked me to join a their outfit but for now im gonna stick to doing my own thing. Should i get a cheap headset for teamspeak?

4. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I consider a headset to be an essential PS2 purchase!

5. PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

yeah, headset is key (if only to avoid excess noise in channel)

I would recommend joining an outfit, it makes the process far more rewarding, as a lone wolf your generally relegated to following a zerg if you want to cap a base. though my advise would be look for a smaller outfit. on woodman there is an outfit called KOTV, who are stupidly massive, yet with a hideous lack of skill. in big battles I often die more often to them than the enemy. not only that but with a smaller group you get to know how the other players will act, and therefore its easier to work together.

6. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

I'll have a look for a headset soon then. I'll join a outfit at some point I want a little more practice.

7. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Just as a heads up if anybody is interested, RPS are doing a Call to Arms on the 21st July. This is basically a set date when we welcome anybody and everybody in to the outfit, new to the game or not, and have some fun.

This time, it's due to a challenge by PCG (PC Gamer). Last CtA we had about 200 people online and playing across four platoons, and it was excellent. So, if you're interested in trying out some outfit-style play, more details are here and here

8. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Or you could come and join the PCG Outfit; we may not have as many members but we hit them where it hurts! ;)

http://ps2pcg.enjin.com/

9. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Well the VS got stomped on Esamir last night and it was bloody good fun! Can't wait for the next RPS Call to Arms! :p The tech plants and amp stations were absolutely crazy!

Run into a few PCG - Gravity, it was so chaotic I wouldn't have known even if we were standing next to eachother!

Big props need to go out to the NC who were pushing TR and VS on both fronts even with the lowest Population.

10. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Been playing PS2 again with friends in our own squad on miller, TR guns feel really underpowered in comparison to NC and Vanu who just seem to drop you to easily.

Anyone have any weapon suggestions/unlocks to get for the TR classes, as ive got a bit of station cash and it seems ive lost alot of my unlocks via cert points.

11. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

For HA i'm currently using the T16 Rhino and it's a total beast. Foregrip and RDS i think.

With LA and Eng i use the hailstorm with advanced laser, NV scope and soft point ammo. Although not everyone loves this combo.

For medic i'm using the TAR but i'm just getting used to it, most people seem to rave about the NS-11A or is it the NS-15A? Whatever the medic NS gun is.

Hope thats of some help!

12. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Thanks, ive got the Cyclet TRV for medic and have used the NS-11A is not to bad.

Will have a look at the guns, have 2.5k sc which i was going to buy either the infantry or starter bundle etc though it used to be 2k cash and is now 4k.

Last edited: 3 Aug 2013
  13. PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

have to disagree there, the outfit I'm with (TAW) are on a few other servers, one of which was a TR outfit, playing with them I was amazed by how effective the guns felt, and as a level 1 character I ended the sessions with a K/D of 1.5 - for an uncerted play.

not to mention the striker, which essentially means the TR dominate the skies. on woodman there is never any decent VS air, its mostly mozzies and reavers making life miserable.

I've yet to make a NC character. but probably will at some point.

14. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Been finding it alot easier against NC, VR training is pretty good to get the feel for some of the newer weapons, just need to save up a few cert points.

Fighting the Vanu is the most enoying at current, as their guns feel to powerful at current though dont have to much fighting time against them as my squad preffers fighting NC.

It is quite interesting when you come up against some of the established outfits on Miller and push them back.

15. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

COME FORTH, MY CHILD. COME BACK TO LIVE.

Ok, I just picked up this game couple days ago. Currently loving Light Assault on Vanu, even if it is the most hated class in the game. The things you can do with a jetpack and C4 is beyond any class if you play it right.

Anyone on the East Coast Water...something server? Watermark? Waterwind? Watershed? F**k this is embarassing.

Currently only rank 10 though.

But this game will do well to hold me until Titanfall...

PS: How come the Vanu never wins the alert? LOL population is ALWAYS the lowest.

16. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Could be worse. Whenever I've been on Woodman as TR we always get our arses handed to us. Even when we have more population! Vanu seems to win everything on dear old Indar.

17. Redbeaver

Heh, i had a few alerts in all 3 continents and Vanu always ends up last. Always. Half blue, half red, and a pinch of purple.

Always.

But it's ok, still fun. Still saving for 2 packs of C4 now. Wth 500 certs?

18. PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

what tag? just wondering if I've killed you at all.

TR on woodman is always zergy, very rarely seem to come against any organised squads, just shitloads of air and armour.

as for C4, hell yes, its just a pity as light assault you cant destroy a sundy on your own effectively (did last night when harassing a tr push to the VS warpgate, got the 2 c4 off getting it on fire, and killing everyone who spawned on it, but thats difficult if theres more than a 1 squads worth of people there)

got NC (cobalt), TR (miller) and VS (woodman) characters, and IME TR seems to attract idiots > wtf do you play medic if you wont revive people, or engie if you dont repair/deploy ammo (that said if your in a vehicle be engie and do it yourself)

19. Redbeaver

Just had a quick action last night in the icy winter map. The Octagon base. The base is ours but there's a huge force attacking it which has lots of medic too so they're pretty much unkillable.

But they were all stuck and making their stand in the maze-like gate entrance thingie, and their sundy was right outside of it too, providing spawn and ammo.

I spawned nearby. Flew to one of the wall right above them. And before I start shooting/lobbing grenade, I thought... "oh hey! I just unlocked the C4! Let's give it a shot"

1 package of C4. 1 explosion. x12 Kill streak bonus.

then the sundy catches fire (it was under fire already by my teammates), and exploded as well, effectively killing everyone who was left behind. I had some kill-point assists too.

I then turned off the game, turned off my PC, went to bed and had the best sleep ever while dreaming of rainbow unicorns and a harem of hot chicks.

20. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Played a few games today, though action was either a few enemies or full on zerg- its so enoying to have part of the team fighting in isolated bases on indar when we are losing everything else.

TR does feel a bit underpowered in gun damage at current- as vanu just role through, had one vanu heavy assult with a sv-88 take out 10 people and not go down with hardly any damage.