1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Playstation Store offering TV season passes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 27 Oct 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Good one Sony, I almost laughed,

That is new blu ray box set money.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

Still cheaper than the equivalent tv subscription though.

4. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I also think that it is ridiculous that their premium, top end device, the PS4 is not the first to get support.

5. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

The whole 'costs as much as/more than' argument against a physical product bought from a retailer never seems to die down. Its no different with Steam/Origin etc, they charge you RRP while retail stores who are free to set their own price are able to sell below RRP.

The problem isnt the digital distributors (not that i like them, i'll use whatever is cheapest for me), its the retail stores reluctance to make themselves extinct, which is hardly surprising is it. If the developer says the RRP is £50, the re-sellers buy for £20 and set their own price. However if GAME etc sell it at £35 and Steam sell it at £30, both making about the same profit after operating expenses (virtual vs physical presence) then who's going to go out of their way to pay more? If physical retailers go out of business, the industry loses out.

It is stupid, but until theres a significant shift away from physical sales to digital, then those retailers will turn their backs on any publisher who acts to harm their very existence by making digital solutions more attractive. Im sure tons of bit-tech users paid full RRP on Origin for BF3/BF4, and a handful of Steam games, despite brick retailers/warehouses selling it far cheaper free shipping for release. Who's the stupid one, the people selling it for full RRP online or 2/3 elsewhere, or the thousands who pay RRP anyway? Its not like its exclusive to Steam/Origin/PS Store, pay it or STFU, its 1 stupid option and yet stupid people are selecting it.

6. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

thats per TV season not every program on PS store very high price (gues if you got a PS4 its the only way you can watch tv on the day it comes out