1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Pope received news of his arrest warrant weeks before resigning...

Discussion in 'General' started by SuicideNeil, 18 Feb 2013.

1. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

That was my point ..

2. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

You're both too late. I already own a Nexus 7, and the My Little Pony app is already installed. For my daughter, of course. :worried:

3. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

You don't need to be religious to be crazy, If I recall, Stalin was atheist :)

4. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

I guess you missed the irony tag ;)

One does have to wonder though- it is completely true that he helped cover up numerous allegations of child abuse, and it is also true that scandal after scandal rocks the Catholic church- it doesn't take too much of a leap imagine the accusations leveled at the P.O.P.E. might actually have been true...

5. October

October Mariachi Style

Gonna call you on this one dude, it has very little to do with nationality whatsoever. I'm pretty sure very few of those causing the trouble have the slightest idea what nationality actually means, or how they fit into it. So many people pissed off because they don't get to be British any more (because a flag is up a bit less than it used to be :sigh:), when they were never British to begin with. I've heard plenty of people - born and raised in Northern Ireland - go on at great length about how proud they are to be English. No clue.

Conversely there were an awful lot of people killed in the Troubles for no reason other than they were Catholic, or Protestant. Nothing to do with what country they were from (hint: the same one).

6. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Nope.

There is a distinct and quite well defined difference between somebody that doesn't believe a god rules their lives or indeed exists, and one that believes that they are a god.

7. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Ultimately the conflict is about nationality. Religion is part of it for historical reasons. i.e. Henry VIII converted to Protestantism and England followed suit. The Irish however, remained Roman Catholic. The Ulster Plantations were therefore populated by Protestant colonists, displacing the indigenous Catholic population.

It's about contested land in Ireland, but due to historical legacy, it just so happened that an individual's religion usually went hand-in-hand with their politics i.e. Loyalist, Nationalist or Republican.

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

9. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?