1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Post your Video Card (pics) Thread!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tim S, 5 Apr 2005.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

oooohh, interesting card there - they're not that easy to get hold of now :)

2. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

6800le
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the pic, it's the best I could do atm :blush:

<A88>

3. adamjones01101

adamjones01101 Minimodder

I decided I would pull the stock HS off of my card today, and lo and behold, it's an R360 core! :D overclockable :D However, bigz, or any others with input, do you have any idea how to unlock the temperature sensor for the card, or does it physically not have one. I ask this because to my knowledge, the 9800XT has a sensor. I also ordered the Arctic Silencer Rev.3 to cool it, because like I said, it likes to overheat and shut down my computer. Any thoughts on this?

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

just google for 9800 pro to xt mod. It should only need a BIOS flash. But make sure the card can run stable at XT clock speeds first! The arctic silencer should help with the overheating a lot.

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

the temperature sensor is unlikely to be on that card.

6. TMM

TMM Modder

yea the 9800pro 256mb with double the amount of memory modules can't be (properly) flashed to an XT bios as the board is different even though it may be a R360 core.

7. adamjones01101

Ok, that's all I needed to know. I was just curious, it's not a necessity. I just wanted this card because I heard it's better for OCing than the 128 version. I already flashed it to an XT BIOS, but obviously it didn't do anything other than increase the GPU and memory speeds (and the voltage it uses, i heard?).

8. TMM

TMM Modder

yeah iirc it increases the voltage from 1.6 > 1.7v

9. JavaBoy

JavaBoy What's a Dremel?

wait for me!

ive got some pic's

card1: pcx 5750 pci-e 256MB

card2: evga 6800Ultra 256MB Pci-e (timbury logo) <the infamous card that got me banned :blush:

btw: bigs have u had any probs with evga clocking this card odd? ive had 2 of these (retured 1 for a new 1) and both of em had a under clocked 2d. ur a vid guru. whats that all about anyway?

ill put the pics up later when i get home :D

10. N4N01D

N4N01D What's a Dremel?

i think i win with the shitty card :p 2mb S3 Trio (wonder how it will play HL2 :p )

[​IMG]

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

you don't need the same clocks for 2D, so it makes sense to save on the electricity bill.

12. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

Currently running a (slightly knackered) Nvidia GeForce 4 (Chaintech).
    It will be replacing it with my GeForce 2 (A-tek) tonight.
    Pictures up. Look at the dust (yes, I know they're GIFs - Imageshack and 56k combining to thwart me).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- H.

Last edited: 19 Apr 2005
  13. JavaBoy

JavaBoy What's a Dremel?

oviously i did, i fixed my problem

it made a huge differnce, the 50MHz or w/e got me from frezzing up and bald to working and hair

lol jk about the hair

14. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

well even older than my Ti4400, ive dug out this. im not even sure what it is :confused:

any help would be welcome to help me find out what it is. or even if theres drivers available for it...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (chip reads Cirrus Logic, CL-GD5465-HC-B, 80324-888AD, 9730 A, Japan-U)

15. Rolo

Rolo Minimodder

ok, ive got:

256 meg ddr2 9800 pro in my system at the moment, hopefully gonna replace it with a 6800 GT (i think!)
    gainward ti4600 golden sample- in this computer (parents) but its coming out as its making the thing overheat (i tried to keep it quiet as poss with no extra cooling fans) gonna replace it with a gf2 or something (which is made worse from below)
    gf2 32meg- gave this away yesterday actually to a friend, the heatsink fan was held together (and still working) with sellotape :)
    gf3 ti500- lent this to my bro a while back, dont think ill be seeing it again :rolleyes:
    9600 pro- in the shuttle
    voodoo 3 3500 16meg- just sitting there doing nothing

think thats about it. pics ill do 2moro, its a bit late to be shuffling around now :)

16. adamjones01101

Wow, this really pisses me off. I bought the Arctic Cooling ATi Silencer Rev.3 on Sunday from Performance-Pcs.com, assuming that because every resource I checked said that it would fit my video card (9800Pro 256MB), that it actually would. I got it today, and happily opened it up, ready to install it. The screw posts on the cooler, and the holes on the video card don't even come close to matching up! Plus, the memory modules aren't all covered, meaning that the cooler was meant for the Samsung memory 9800Pro 256, with only 8 memory modules. I wish that they would have said this on the Arctic Cooling website before I spent $34 on this. Now I will have to send it back to Performance Pc's, probably at my own cost, and try to get a comparable replacement.

Moral of the story: IF YOU HAVE A 9800PRO 256MB WITH THE HYNIX MEMORY MODULES, THE ARCTIC COOLING ATI SILENCER REV.3 IS NOT COMPATIBLE. IT IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH THE CARD THAT HAS THE SAMSUNG MEMORY MODULES.

17. Dinh

Dinh What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Nothing special. A ATI 9600SE with a PCI card cooler.

18. warlord shigs

warlord shigs What's a Dremel?

lmao uber card u ave there mate :D

19. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

:jawdrop: i never realised that was possible... :hehe:

20. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

LOL I've just found a card that looks like its the model up from that one, its a Trio 64V2.