1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Power problem with Creative inspire t6100

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by dev00790, 2 Aug 2009.

1. dev00790

dev00790 Pure chocolate. Pure Power.

Hey,

I've had a t6100 system for at least 2 years now with no problems.

However now no power is being supplied by the cable from my creative AC Adaptor --> to my t6100 subwoofer, thus resulting in the unit not having power to operate.
    I notice on the back of the subwoofer (where cables go in & out), that the ac adaptor cable is fixed firmly to the unit, continuing to inside (seems can't be detached without opening subwoofer box). Similarly the cable is part of the Adaptor unit.

I'll put a new fuse in plug soon incase it's that.

If its not the fuse, I don't know whether the whole subwoofer unit with AC adaptor attached to it needs replacing, or whether it has to be taken apart and hence AC adaptor repaired / replaced? Thus I'm wondering how to best to go about fixing this.. - I have a basic knowledge of PC's (have built my own) and electronics, but don't know whether it would be something I could do, or need someone like an electrician to do it?

Also please tell me how to do it myself if suggested.

Thanks.
    dev00790

2. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Do they still have warranty left? If not, you propably should try looking inside the unit yourself, but if there is warranty left, RMA it.