1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pricing someones time

Discussion in 'Serious' started by siliconfanatic, 9 Dec 2012.

1. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I agree with the meaning of gay changing but literally has a very well defined meaning and there is a perfectly good word to use instead: figuratively.

2. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Good point. Will edit that post when I get a good 10 min. I was tad bit PO'ed atm so I didn't really think twice about it. Plus when I posted this I was really, REALLY new to B-T. Since then I have had the chance to grow albeit more familiar. Thanks for the tip :D

@LW, most who use literately use it as its easier to say, dunno "why" but it just is. :rolleyes:

3. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I know they do.... :(

4. siliconfanatic

Heck, I do it without even knowing it. :eyebrow: Then I go back and edit it, quickly, so I dont find out how many grammar Nazis it takes to make you go nuts! :lol: Thats why I really like B-T: The community is far more mature than others I've seen.

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I must commend you for editing your post and punctuating it very well. As a person who cares a great deal about the correct use of the English Language (no, not grammar nazi... not any more) I don't see that very often. I'm impressed and have a little +1 faith in the future of our language because of it :thumb:

Interesting point: The word "nazi" traditionally only gets a capital letter when used to refer to Hitler's regime, the WWII political party or when used as part of a title, not when used as a general adjective or noun :)

6. siliconfanatic

Thankee :D I have no trouble doing so as long as I have a keyboard. I usually dont punctuate well with a nook :duh: I also cant comment on why I'm +1reping so I don't hand out rep on a nook... Though I still dont mind recieving rep bombshells from the likes of you :D

:rolleyes:

Last edited: 11 Jan 2013