1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Black 'n Blue Simplicity - Update 16 December 2012

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ReDoZz, 28 Dec 2011.

1. ReDoZz

ReDoZz What's a Dremel?

Now I have the package at home and I am cruelly satisfied with the service I received and that his response was wonderful! Will continue to buy from him without hesitation!
    Can also say that now will my project start seriously to start cutting and sawing out the chassis be blasted and the painting will be done professionally in a real painting booth in my workshop.
    Now the funny part will start!

List of what i baught:
    • 1x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 480mm
    • 2x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 240mm
    • 2x Alphacool VPP655 single edition pumps
    • 2x Phobya Radiator stand 2x120mm
    • 1x Phobya Radiator stand 4x120mm
    • 1x EK Water Blocks EK-FC480 GTX - Acetal
    • 3x Arctic Cooling MX-4 4g
    • 1x Isopropylalkohol 300ml
    • 1x Mayhems Biocide 10ml
    • 1x Molex Extractor Kit
    • 1x Fillingbottle 500ml PE-LD

No to the photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ReDoZz

ReDoZz What's a Dremel?

Update!

3. ReDoZz

ReDoZz What's a Dremel?

Baught Cotech Mini Grinder tool (Dremel-Copy)

I baught myself a Multi Grinder Tool and choosed to buy this Dremel copy.
    For the price it was very profitable and makes especially the job that I want done.
    I have my great porting-tools that I otherwise could use but they cost a lot if something breaks.

Now the modifications begin SERIOUSLY!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ReDoZz

ReDoZz What's a Dremel?

Removing the OEM Sleeving

Not many days left until DreamHack Winter 2012th Will be wonderful especially when it was three years ago last.
    Took the opportunity to remove the ugly sleeving the cables to prepare for future sleeving modifications

[​IMG]

5. ReDoZz

ReDoZz What's a Dremel?

Taking the case apart

The case has been in my storage for a few months. When i went to the storage to start working with it, it already rust started to rust. I was really dissapointed over the quality ... Fractal posted the case before world release so it could be a testobject.

I stared by drilling out all the rivets so all relevant parts were loose, when this was done I started to measure on the motherboard plate to make room there the radiators would sit. I had to remove a piece to fit with my Sandwich Configuration on the ground floor, otherwise the fans wouldn't fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ReDoZz

ReDoZz What's a Dremel?

Yesterday I sent my second order to Arthur to complete my missing water cooling parts.
    My plan was to buy a EK D5 Dual TOP with dual separate loops and three back-plates but Artur didn't have them all in stock so it had to be this parts until further notice:

- 2x EK-D5 X-TOP CSQ - Acetal
       - 2x Phobya Y-cable 3Pin to 6x 3Pin
       - 2x Mayhem Aurora Nebula Blue
       - 1x FC-480 RAM Backplate - Black

Now it's three days left to DreamHack which makes me a little bit afraid that I wouldn't complete the project as scheduled. I will hope for the best and that I do my best. Feels like these coming days will be really stressful!

[​IMG]

7. ReDoZz

ReDoZz What's a Dremel?

Painting my case parts after glass blastering!

I woke up very early today and went to ALPHA there my case parts would be glass blasted by of my best firend.
    When I got there they were already finished, which was wonderful! I picked up all the parts and went to my workshop where I started with cleaning and preparation for painting.
    Once I was in the paint preparation room, I didnt found any thin primer, I decided to mix my own primer out our fine Standox Premium Body Filler. After that, I also found 300gram Diamond Black 2k color which I thought fit very well, it was dull but had very little out metalic flakes that barely appeared.

The painting went very well and the end result was super. But now it felt like there was something missing! If you look closely at Fractals color texture, it's very small spots after powder coating. I managed to replicate the finish with a very simple trick.

Now that I was happy with the results so I started looking for rivets but only managed to find a place that suited and they were white. I put those in a box to a heater, and they painted with Standox 2K Matte Black, which dries very quickly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all for this day, tomorrow is expected installation of all chassis parts and installation of water cooling parts.

CYAAAH! :dremel:

8. ReDoZz

ReDoZz What's a Dremel?

Final sprint before DreamHack Winter 2012

At this stage, the body was filled with stress. Both my project and my brother's project (Mono bit) would be finished before DHw12 that would take place the following morning in Jönköping.
    Fortunately we managed after several hours of hard work and no sleep so we packed the last and went to bus terminal.
    Below are pictures of the building that we could draw on. I hope you like what you see, the project is not completed yet, but more modifications will come with time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. ReDoZz

ReDoZz What's a Dremel?

Update!

10. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

Looks fantastic brother, it is an honour to build this beast together with you :)!

11. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Looks really good - too bad the case began rusting, but you salvaged it just nicely. Wasn't it stored in a dry place?

Anyway, nice to see the brother of Venhar making an appearance. We need more scandinavian modders here, although we already got quite a few.

I am a bit dumbfounded: what did you need the Phanteks cooler for, since you're going to use the EK Supreme LTX block on the CPU? And how on earth did the waterblock get so dirty and black clogged up on the inside????

12. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

It's great that you two get to make these awesome builds together!