1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Cosmos SLR

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by coolmiester, 22 Sep 2007.

1. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

Back to the centre console.

Got the aluminium mesh painted and all fitted up with the Vantec fan controller and Danger Den Fill Port so that’s as good as finished now.

Then onto finishing the exhausts – painted the cut out sections from the side panels in gloss black then clear coat then masked the exhausts up and painted the inside matt black to give the effect of carbon on a real exhaust which turned out great so mounted them to the freshly painted cut outs and bobs you uncle.

Hadn’t noticed till I was re-sizing the pictures but you can really see the shine/reflection in the silver paint work and that’s before its machine polished so another satisfying day all round………….and the clock keeps ticking

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DSquareD

DSquareD What's a Dremel?

this is SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    im the hugest fan of the SLR and im so proud of this mod...its doing the beautiful beast justice

3. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

He he, you raised the bar dude !! :thumb:

4. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

damn thats nice, this is going to be one hell of a case when its done. Nice work!

5. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

Awesome :thumb:

6. wbdog206

wbdog206 not me

sweet, just incredible.

7. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

I'll say it again, this case is damn sexy :cooldude: but... although the exhaust pipes have been perfectly polished to a perfect chrome finish, and the pipes look hot, i think it would look better if they didn't just stick on that glossy black panel there... it would be nice if there was an opening and have longer pipes that actually continue on into the case, just like how it is on a real slr :idea:
    The case does look absolutely fantastic the way it is tho :rock: and thanks for posting that link on polishing alluminium :thumb:

8. coolmiester

Your absolutely right mvagusta - my original plan was to have the pipes linking up with the front intake 140mm fan with some kind of ducting but it wasn't until i started striping the panels down did i realize it was going to take some serious modding and basically i'm cutting things real tight anyway with the Coolermaster Mod comp finishing in less than 2 weeks so i decided to go for the easier option for the time being.

Its still touch and go whether it will be finished but your point is valid and taken on board for future "to do list" if possible:thumb:

9. derbaum

derbaum What's a Dremel?

have you thought of giving the pipes a red finish on the inside?

10. mvagusta

Ducting the exhausts to the front intake would be awesome!!! Who cares if most of the airflow goes straight out the exhausts, it would definitely be worth it :D Good luck making it in time for the competition, ducted exhausts will have to go on future to-do list i guess :thumb:

11. coolmiester

LOL - no the plan was to cool the hardrives then out the exahust:hehe:

12. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Full blown leather interior dude ? :naughty:

13. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

The work quality is just superb.. And so is the paint surface. You really know what you're doing :) Nice design as well.

14. Ediejo

Ediejo What's a Dremel?

This is very very very NICE. :rock:

15. mvagusta

aahhh, cooling hdd's is good!, you're a smart guy :D I love the full blown leather interior idea :jawdrop: Imagine a FULL tan leather interior :jawdrop: now that would be original and sexy... it wouldn't surprise me if it was already on the drawing board however!

16. Koradhil

Paul, I don't want to ruin anything, but if your Cosmos was sponsored by CM UK you might want to read this.
    Take care and keep up the great work.
    Oh and I got my Cosmos today ;)

17. coolmiester

Was waiting for that one tbh Koradhil but cheers for pointing it out.

Coolermaster asked if i wanted to mod a Cosmos but couldn't get me on in time so i had to purchase a couple of my own from a local e-tailor Oc-UK..........and yes i got receipts:)

Incidentally all the Coolermaster cases in my sig are my own apart from Sound+Vision which was a prize from a previous competition.

18. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

nice polish and paint

19. Koradhil

When I spoke with Ron from CM EU, I understood that he helped a little so that CM UK could send you one. He also said UK had stock before EU did. Either way, good luck on the competition. I probably won't be able to compete as I got mine straight from CM EU so I'm disqualified. Oh well, two weeks will be way to short anyway (although I need to have it finished in 5 weeks for the Benelux Casemod League)...

20. coolmiester

I received an email from Ron on 10th August asking if i was interested in modding a Cosmos chassis but the goods never showed so i had no alternative to make other arrangements as i'd already committed myself to the mod :eyebrow:

Pitty you couldn't make the CM Comp Koradhil but good luck with the Benelux Casemod League anyway:dremel:

Tags: