1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project Dmx Lighting Overkill worked out some minor details

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bluc, 31 May 2012.

1. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Ooh, interesting mod you got there man :) .
    What will happen with the radiators? Will they remain visible? Or will they get some sort of fan covers?

2. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

I dont think I will cover them I like be able to see my hardware they will of cause have the fans on top. Which I am going to mod so I can control the colour of the led in them via the dmx interface.:rock:

3. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 3 Jun 2012
  4. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

Got the bolts for the rads sorted. Anyone buying the metric bolts don't go by the Swiftech site you need m3 x .5 bolts not m3.5 cheers :thumb:

5. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Hold on, this is your first water cooling project?! You start big :D
    Those ports you linked, I've seen them in a couple of projects as fill ports but never as drain ports, but it might work as one, I don't really see why not?

6. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

:D yes first watercooled pc. I bought the radiators and got cyberdruid from extreme systems forum to build the res for my first scratch build case, which was a mountain mod type cube. But there was some major design issues with tube routing so watercooling never eventuated. This time however watercooling was top priority.

I figured I could put 4 of these fill ports through bottom panel ( one for each loop) and run a tee line to them straight in front of pump making it easy to drain.
    All good then I can cross another thing off my to do list :rock:

7. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

Can anybody point me in the direction of piggy back 4 pin moles connectors have checked on performance PC's but they don't seem to sell them. Ones like these [​IMG]

Last edited: 9 Jun 2012
  8. Reconnec7ed

Reconnec7ed What's a Dremel?

9. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

I can see the normal ones but I cant see any of the double/ piggy back ones on that page?

10. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

11. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

I will keep looking but thanks for the help. I want to use them for lighting really need the pass through ones to achieve what I am aiming for cheers.:dremel:
    Edit: pretty sure this them http://www.directron.com/passthru.html

12. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

Wondering if someone smarter than me can explain something to me. The acrylic I am using has a constant temp of 80 degrees Celsius which I am told means it will handle a constant temp of 80 degrees celsius with no deformation. I have also been told the led light strips I am getting run at Max 60degrees Celsius when on full. Now do I need to take into consideration the ambient temp when looking at the acrylic deformation point or not. Trying to work out if I should use heat shielding between the led strip and the acrylic panels. The led strips I am getting use the 5050 smd led .Cheers and thanks in advance :rock:

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Not joking about lighting overkill :lol: this will be something else for sure, those are some extremely high temperatures for computer lighting. :eeek:

Hope someone who knows what you want to know sees your question, there will be someone who knows on here, they just need to see your question. I don't know though. :blush:

14. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

:D yea I'm sick of dull lifeless lighting:dremel:

15. GamerIDGoesHere

GamerIDGoesHere www.^.com

Looks great! Can't wait to see the final pictures, nice use of acrylic too :thumb::rock:.

- Dan

16. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

Thanks will be a slow build as I have limited funds but I will get there eventually :rock:

17. skitzab1

skitzab1 What's a Dremel?

same prodblem at the mment with moving :( but looks great so fare:D

18. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

Thanks :D I just about have the wiring harnesses worked out just waiting on cash to buy the lights wire and crimp tool /plugs and other stuff I need. What is the done thing with moles pins crimp or solder? Wish I had the cash to design a case buy everything I need and build non stop start to finish that would be great.:rock:

19. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

Ok Finally been able to do a Bit more on my case. I made the reservoir mount :D. I printed my drawing on a4 printer 1:1 scale stuck it, cut around it with a jigsaw then finished it on a disc sander.
    This is the first time I have made anything from acrylic and first time I have used solvent capillary welding… I think it shows I had two overruns with the glue :wallbash: :sigh: I will get stuck into it with the buffer and polish when it is fully cured :thumb:. The two edges with the defects are hidden anyway so not too worried. Over all fairly happy with my effort :thumb: . Tomorrow I will be placing an order for my led strips and some other stuff. Hopefully it won’t be too long till I have more updates cheers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

This is a KILLER idea! love the res too :rock: