1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Project: Flightline

Discussion in 'Modding' started by slipperyskip, 29 Oct 2013.

1. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

I'm typing on an overclocked i7-875K installed into a three-year-old mini-ITX board.

I built my first "Steam Machine" 9 years ago. Le Bouton was an ugly critter but it was a serious hot rod inside. German industrial mini-ITX board with Intel's highest spec'd Pentium M CPU. That paired with ATI's fastest GPU at the time, the X800 Pro.

Displayed it at LanFest 2005 in Pasadena where I was setup across from Fatality's Challenge booth. I remember a kid who kept coming over to play Painkiller on my box. That was the same game Fatality was running on his high-end full tower gaming boxes. In between demos, people could play on them. I asked the kid why he was playing on mine instead and he said my box was faster.

Of course it didn't get respect from the community because it was different. After all, bigger=faster right?

You'll have to excuse me if I chuckle a bit about all this "mini gaming" stuff. :hehe: I just don't consider building a Steam Machine to be a challenge. Sounds bad...I know.

2. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

Just now submitted the required five 800x600 photos and a collage to the Cooler Master contest. They will only publish landscape oriented pics so I decided to "cheat". Better than having a bunch of black bars filling up the view. Wonder if I'll get away with it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits