1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Hummer PC UPdate (New article in Micro Computer in China)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Robster, 11 Dec 2003.

1. Gladius

Gladius What's a Dremel?

WE WANT UPDATES (please)

i havent been on here for ages cos my comp stuffed up and there still hasnt been an update... :wallbash: :waah:

2. Jewno

Jewno industrial designer

Just checked on this thread, wow!!!!! :eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

3. winxp2004

winxp2004 Banned

good mod,., would like to see it completed tho, :hip:

4. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Sorry About the lack of updates lots going on here i am in the process of buying the cafe that i have been running so been lots of paperwork and lawers to deal with i tore the body off to do the rack for the cdrom but it got sidelined due to the purchase.

Surfice it to say this is not dead just on hold for a little Who knew there was so much to deal with to just buy a little cafe.

Damn Lawyers have to make things so complicated.

Will be nice to get this purchase out of the way so can move on to more fun things.

5. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

Is the cafe going to have a modders workshop where you pay per hour/2 hour block and get to use tools, buy materials and mod computers away from home?

If so, sign me up!

6. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Sweet about you buying the cafe :thumb: I'm in need of a new job ya know.... Any openings? :D I go to school not too far from your cafe, I know the area (well, not really), I'm very apt with computers (hardware and software), and I learn very quickly, and I'll be your lackie/slave whenever needed :D (seriously, I need a second job). Figure you'll drop the price down a bit? Like to me personaly $5/h is a little high given that I have a piss poor job, even if you lower it to $4/h I'm sure you'll find good profits (and yes, I know a membership entails a $1/h drop in prices, maybe lower the membership drop to $0.50 so you arn't totaly losing out on cash flow). Hopefuly I'll have time to drop in tomorrow there, maybe I can verbaly bash some lawyers with my anti-legal mumbo-jumbo (lawyer slang) for ya, get emm to work faster or sommat :D :p

Oh, and to have some relivence to your project (after all, this is a project log :worried: ), fixed the headlight yet? :D

7. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Wow... what is min wage in alb? In BC, it is something like 7.50/h. I make about 10/h at JetStream fixing computers/talking on the phone/surfing bit :lol: Oh, and to however rats me out for surfing bit at work when there is nothing to do can suffer the pain of a thousand blue screens of death :p :lol:

EDIT: oh, and congrats on the purchase dude. Hope it goes well for ya, and ya make tons of cash :thumb: I would offer to work with ya too, but I will be living in Calgary starting about september sometime.

8. Galea

Galea What's a Dremel?

Heh, I'm new here and just starting to mod.

I've got to say this is the most inspiring PC mod I've seen! It's beautiful and you can tell the effort and time you put into your mods. I've seen only 2, the customer one that canceled and this hummer and I like them a lot.

BTW congrats on your new purchase. If I was in the area I would drop by, but I'm in T.O :blah: Anyway, hope to see some cool updates!

9. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Finally Back

Well have the purchase all done now and it is all mine so been doing lots here to make the cafe better and will now have some time to work on some stuff.

Quick update just got the magazine article for the hummer and got a 2 page spread i was thirlled to say the least as well it is on the front page so really happy about that and now have a little more motivation to get some more stuff done.

Found the Next Body that i want to do going to be a Chevrolet SSR Pickup but i will save that for anouther thread

Also going to reserect the Chrome case i was doing for the one customer still like that mod and want to see it done.

So that is all for now and will be here a little more now that i have some space to breath and mod

10. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

Welcome back robster :D Show us some pics of the hummer out on the grass and run an extension cord just for fun.. :lol:

11. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Yes, that would be cool. I would defo like to see a big group of the finished pics with it in all its glory. As well as maybe some benchmarks?

12. DeadTeddy

DeadTeddy What's a Dremel?

just saw this, it's amazing!!

ever thought of ripping out the batteries and electronics for the RC, shoving in a UPS and powering the car from the molex connector? control it with the parallel/serial port or something.

13. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

WIIIIIIILD! :rock:
    I love it :rock:

I also love the Hummer mod

Cheers,
    Mike

14. -Xp-

-Xp- Minimodder

Why is that cat house not modded?

15. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

Someone shock robster with a stun gun and get his ass back into modding. :D

I am now waiting for the watercraft mod into pc case that still floats. :rock:

16. PsychoI3oy

PsychoI3oy Minimodder

no stungun necesary: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=58422

17. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

Now where was the fun in that? :lol:

18. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

A taser gun has better effects, 500000volts :rock:

Cheers,
    Mike

19. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

I am still here had to put stuff on hold as there was alot going on around here but i am getting back into the grind.

I have the SSR Pickup on the go as well as i will be reserecting the Customer tribal comp still have the panels and will be sending anouther case in to get chromed

I also have a easy one with a cool jimmy hendrix mural on it this one is not getting to much done on it just the mural and going to do a purlple light theme on it call it purple haze have a few other things to do on it as well but not to much.

But more about that on anouther thread.

Also ended up with a Shuttle case that looks like it needs some attention so might see what to do with it

20. Kolmik

Kolmik What's a Dremel?

I should do that for my cats. :eyebrow: They just LOVE :eeek: to come in and LAY :jawdrop: in the computer case when I have the side off working on it. :miffed: