1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Project Idea: Industrial Ice

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Colt 45 J, 23 Dec 2008.

1. Colt 45 J

Colt 45 J Aye

I have always enjoyed lurking in the forums and looking through the modding and project sections and seeing the awesome creations people have created, now perhaps I shall try my hand at contributing something. ;)

So I recently got my hands on an educational copy of AutoDesk Inventor and figured I would throw some designs up, this is my first project that I am planning with my designs.

I call this project: Industrial Ice, it is a plexi and alu case if that can hint how it is industrial and icy ;) (also perhaps due to the fact it is frigid outside atm with a temperature of -10 for the last couple days)

I don't know if I will be able to build it as I am only a student, alu is pricey if I recall correctly.. I have plexi no worries, so we shall see. For now I would like any criticism or thoughts on my design so far. The details are not worked out on it totally, so there are no screws, hardware, or detail pieces (i'm thinking mesh on the front and of course to cover the fans).

I tried to spoiler tag the images so then they are not taking so much room but doesn't seem to have worked.
    Also: Sorry for shoddy lighting on the last couple with both case sides on, I will try and get that fixed up in future pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

Plans look nice, any pics of it in progress?

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

The Isometric + 3d render is screwing with my eyeballs.
    Where are you mounting the motherboard? If you mount it directly to the back wall, it's a pain in the *ss to work on.

4. Colt 45 J

Colt 45 J Aye

@bigsharn:
    It is just a idea at the moment, no progress shots yet...

@Cheapskate:
    Yea planning on throwing some mounts or maybe a tray in, not decided yet for the motherboard.
    What's wrong with the render? I aim to make it easy to visualize :p The lighting reflects a bit much I know but shouldn't be hard to see :p.

Going to get to work on mesh today I think and possibly drilling some holes into the parts to help show rivets and the like later on.