1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Redwood 3.0 -by ZapWizard -Jan 15th '05

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ZapWizard, 19 Mar 2005.

1. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

Yes, for everyone who asks, I picked the waterblock for the looks not performance.

The DDR on that graphics card is rated faster then the card runs them, it hardly needs a heatsink in the first place. The airflow will pass both over the top, and around the back of the graphics card. There is plenty of room for airflow inside the case despite how crampt it looks.

As I said earlier, I didin't want to make the backplate until I had everything mounted, I wasn't sure for example that I was going to move to a different graphics card.

2. Gaoske

Gaoske What's a Dremel?

That part I read already, that you didn't want to make the backplate. But I actually wanted to know wether you alrady have plans for it. What materials etc. But I do understand if you want to kaap them a secret ;)

3. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

He has also said that he is also going to make them out of the same wood as the whole case.

4. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

wow zap!

sweet mofo! SWEET

that cpu block is just sexy, what the hell are people on about! its probably quite a good performer aswell! might make something a bit like that for my case! i dont think flow wouldbe affect muhc/at all using that block as its basically like running the tube in circles, so low resistance... which may mean less performance... but meh, it looks sweet as!

the whole case flows so dman well, its just a buetiful case, and the fact its like one piece is just soooo sweet!

keep up the sweet mofo work!

5. MiLwOrkZ

MiLwOrkZ What's a Dremel?

Glad To see you back on the project after your move in and all. Looks great with that new Polyurethane coat on it! Beautiful!

6. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

WoooW!! No words in english, only norwegian!! Nice case and speakers, mousepad, mouse, screen and so on and so on..

:D

7. Gaoske

Gaoske What's a Dremel?

Sorry didn't see that :blush:

8. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

Hey, Zap. It's been a long time since I checked in on this thread, and it was great to see that the project is still going strong. Congrats on the new house and job.
    I am looking forward to seeing the construction of the back plate, which, if I understood correctly, also will be in padauk. Looks like you are covering up one of the DVI ports on the graphics card, though?

9. Claas M

Claas M What's a Dremel?

I like the CPU-cooler.