1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project - Rev.Zero - Update 23/10

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by johan, 28 Sep 2005.

1. johan

johan What's a Dremel?

- September 30th (2nd) update - [link]

Got some work today after a trip to the hardware store. Read the log for details.

It seems like I'm a contester in the Bit-tech project log contest, so if you want to vote for this log you can do so here. Because of all the positive feedback I have also entered the A.C.Ryan contest.

[​IMG]

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

great work man..im looking forward to ur updates.....also looks like you bought the same PSU as i did!!!

Tagan Cheesecake!!! :thumb:

3. johan

johan What's a Dremel?

Cool, I haven't actually tried it yet, only took it out of the box to take that picture. Is it good, stable voltages etc? Do you run it with split or combine on the 12V rail?

Cheers!

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

as im just running my athlon Xp rig..its running in a split mode at the moment...but i believe when i upgrade to A64 i will change it to combine....but make sure u read the manual first...also she is whisper quiet!!!!! :rock:

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Great attention to detail, and neat finish. Nice work! :thumb:

6. koola

koola Minimodder

From your recent update, it's looking more and more like a Lian-li V1000 with upside down 5.25 bays ;)

7. johan

johan What's a Dremel?

Yeah it does, doesn't it? And it probably will even more so after tonights update. How it'll look in the end is another matter though. I'm getting about two new ideas per minute right now so who knows.

.johan

8. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

wow, nice work mate

giving me some idea's for the back of my cheiftec now!

i need to fill all those ghei holes in, and have some lovely epoxy :D lol ;)

i like the 120mm at the back, i was going to do it (still might) but im just not to sure

i love the idea of it being BTX, looks quite different :D

9. johan

johan What's a Dremel?

Small update today... I continued to work on the aluminum separator and it went surprisingly smoothly. Although as it was quickly getting dark outside I rushed on and forgot to take pictures of my progress, sorry about that.

Anyways, here's the two sheets installed in the case:

[​IMG]

The rivets are just temporary to hold it all together before epoxying and bondoing it down to one smooth surface.

The water tank will be installed below the drive bay with hoses going straight down to the lower compartment. While I haven't decided yet I'm most likely going to get the Alphacool Cape Coolplex 10 tank and make custom mounting brackets for it (that 12mm thick red UV acrylic might come in handy afterall):

[​IMG]

As someone said in the discussion, it's starting to look a bit like a Lian-Li V1000. Not that I don't like the Lian-Li chassis, but hopefully in the end I'll be something original and a lot cooler than what you can buy in the store.

Cheers!

Last edited: 2 Oct 2005
  10. johan

johan What's a Dremel?

- October 1st update - [link]

Only a small update today, but hopefully still worth checking out.

11. koola

koola Minimodder

If your planning to put your BIX in the lower compartment and go for a BTX style, where are you gonna put your optical and HDD's?

12. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

Looks really good! Makes me wanna grab my old antec plusview and do something with it!

13. johan

johan What's a Dremel?

koola, I have already installed a 5.25" drive bay from an older chassis as shown in this picture. I choose to use only 2 drives as I only need one HD and one DVD (gaming rig). I also need the space below the drive bay for the water tank.

14. johan

johan What's a Dremel?

Today I started off by cutting the radiator mounting plate. It's 2mm aluminum so it should be strong enough to hold everything even with the fan hole cut out.

When placing the pump and rad in their planned positions I realized that I have no idea how I'm going to fit it all in there. I'm pretty sure I'll figure it out but I'm afraid there will be no way to avoid L-turns in the hosing.

[​IMG]

Here's the radiator mounting again after cutting some bits out so it'll actually fit.

[​IMG]

I then made a small side piece for the "case separator" out of 1mm aluminum...

[​IMG]

...and to my big surprise (I bent it by hand) it fits like a glove. Way to go!

[​IMG]

Since I don't want any ugly rivets inside the case I once again picked up my two new friends and prepped all the pieces for gluing.

[​IMG]

Mixing epoxy..Sure smells nice.. :dremel:

[​IMG]

Everything glued together and on to the case support bars. I haven't decided yet but I might keep the rivets that are on the side of the case for additional support (they wont be visible anyways).

[​IMG]

Everything in place. Now all I need to do before test fitting the WC gear is to cut a hole for the radiator and drill and thread for the mounting screws.

[​IMG]

Tomorrow I'll start bondoing and sanding everything down to one smooth surface. If you have any questions or suggestions please join the discussion here.

Last edited: 23 Oct 2005
  15. johan

johan What's a Dremel?

- October 2nd update - [link]

Today I epoxied everything together and things are really starting to take shape.

16. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

OOOO looking good :D

that looks really sweet, makes me really want to do something like that for my 2nd rig!

keep up the suweet work mate

17. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

alternatively, for a prettier look you could countersink the rivets? so that they are flush with the metal, which would make them far prettier :D yet still give the support :)

18. Freaky_Tweak

Freaky_Tweak What's a Dremel?

Overall, good job, and I look forward to seeing more updates for this project. I think you have done an excellent job on the 120mm fan cutout. I have been planning on doing this to my computer as well, just haven't gotten around to it.

Keep up the good work :thumb: :thumb:

19. johan

johan What's a Dremel?

Great idea frodo, but that does require special rivets (right?) which I've never seen in any of the hardware stores I visit.

Freaky_Tweak, no reason to wait, pick up that dremel and start modding! :rock:

.johan

20. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

you could jsut countersink the hole, put a normal pop rivet in, and the rivet would form into the countersink, then file the excess top off, thats what cheiftec do to hold the mobo on :) so thats what i do most hte time