Scratch Build – In Progress Project Stealthlow - Completed - preview of project next

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Waynio, 30 Nov 2010.

1. wratterus

wratterus What's a Dremel?

Holy crap man, that's impressive...can't wait to have a peek at the new project log.... :jawdrop:

2. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

you already have the material! WOOT!

*takes six pack, gets into comfortable chair, sits back and waits eagerly*

no idea this was going to be started so soon :D

3. suragh

suragh Derp

This build your are doing is pretty impressive. :thumb:

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:) Woo hoo :D.

:D First it's time to get my rear in project clean the cellar which I think will take all day but will do it after this post :D cheers Kenny :).

Thanks wratterus :).

Cheers jokkos :) I got January bills for free so had a head start to get them :D:rock:.

I inspected the semi round profile bars & I really doubt I'll be using them now, they are concave & didn't know this when ordering so will definitely be wood frames now :) probably best solution for it anyway :).

Thank you suragh :).

I will now kick myself up the rear to get things happening to produce the first post of the new thread & won't post again until I do :D.

----------

Wow, sorting that cellar out is a big task, half time break :).

----------
    Stealth update :D

Once I have the cellar sorted which is virtually done I'll be able to make some kind of start at least on marking & cutting the sheets to rough size ready for working on, even found my very first HDD while clearing it all out at a whopping 30GB :D & loads of 3rd party mobo heat sinks & cpu heat sinks zalman hdd coolers with the heat pipes, guess I just been throwing it all in bags as times gone on hoarding it all so a lot of good stuff to mod with & about 100 case fans ranging from 60mm to 240mm but mostly all loud fast ones that I some how used to be able to tolerate in a system so a lot of the fans was with experimenting to find ones I like lol :D & in the end I just like quiet fans but with that requires immediate flow onto the components else things just get too hot with them not being very efficient at moving air.

Ordered all the scroll saw blades & drill bits for doing the scroll work but it's coming from a shop that can be hit or miss on the speed of delivery (think they drop ship with the range of bits they offer & the time it takes for delivery), I'll still need to order a few other bits but they are bits I should be able to do without until it's time to put things together, a good dormer tap set & some good TCT drill bits so I don't have issues with tapping like usual, don't want to have to rely on helicoils this time so I can leave anodising on as an option.

Sooooo could be next week now before I have something worth showing, don't want to start only to have to stop for days or more so may as well relax for a few more days before I get extremely busy :D.

--------------------
    Another silent update :D

Got everything except for the blades, new drill bits & tapping set which I expect today or tomorrow then I can get very busy.

Last edited: 26 Jan 2012
  5. Samrobmoe

Samrobmoe What's a Dremel?

Hi, this case is amazing and was actually something I took a lot of inspiration from for my project. I actually referenced certain aspects of your design in my A-Level Product Design portfolio!

Thanks again for the epic case!

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Wow, awesome cheers for sharing that Samrobmoe. :)
    [​IMG]
    :hehe:

7. SkyThread

SkyThread What's a Dremel?

Keep Up The Good Work!

Really great made, have seen your other works and they are really inspiring.
    Have you ever thought about making a Case that you can hide behind a Picture frame. Think that you can succeed in making it really nice.
    Have though about it before but never got a good idea how to make it look.
    Best place to hide important things, behind the picture on the wall.

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks for the necro bump on this guys, I'm not used to my old projects bouncing back up. :D:clap:

:hehe: I see a problem with doing a case behind a picture frame, would need a hole cutting out of a wall & ventilation adding so it can catch & exit air, I'm sure it's doable but it's not just a case mod, it's also a house mod, think I'd enjoy doing a project like that but not willing to mess with the walls. :D

But :D could make a big partition wall nice & easy especially with the way my room is with chimney breast in the middle so has alcoves either side so you could use 1 of them & put the picture frame on the fake wall showing the insides of the rig, would be pretty cool, but still I doubt I'll do it. :D

9. SkyThread

SkyThread What's a Dremel?

Another way is to elevate the frame a little and put extremly small fan holes on the sides against the wall and decorate around them so it looks like it isn't there.
    Might try and do it with my old pc xD