1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Razer Copperhead gaming mouse

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 28 Oct 2005.

1. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I was actually looking around for reviews of the mouse yesterday, and then funnily enough I return home and find it on my homepage-nice mind-reading there Tim!:) I'm still trying to decide which mouse would be perfect for me. I had kinda hoped the G7 would be, and for the most part it is but the lack of a back button is really anoying. I'm currently using a compaq standard ball mouse which is shaped a lot like a razer, and have been doing pretty well on CoD online with it so was wandering how the razers would meet my desires. If anyone's wandering to get me for christmas, a Copperhead, G7, G15 and usb hub will do ;)

2. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

Raver is such a rip off. Why is it called Copper head when it has no copper on it. I think there trying to use Logitechs marketing of there copper spoted G5 to sell this. OMG call me a fan boy but the name alone is pissing me off.

3. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

Fanboy.

Sorry, that was too good to miss.

Also, copperhead is a type of snake, as is viper. See the connection forming?

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

<nazi spelling mode>
    there != they're
    </nazi spelling mode>

Anyway, AMD codenamed one of their CPU's Thouroughbred, that doesn't mean we should all expect ponies when we buy a new processor ;)

I don't really see how you can say they're a rip off when you clearly like Logitechs equally highly priced mice. How many razor mice have you used?

5. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

The razor copperhead costs as much as the logitech G5 mouse. Logitech mice are widely replicated in design by plenty of other cheap manufacturers (even my Chic mouse looks like an mx700 a bit!), and the Razer mice are a complete opposite in design to that of the former company. Not having tried either mice I can't say which I prefer, but I'd cool down a bit before you get that exited over a computer peripheral in future.

<A88>

6. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

got my Razor DiamondBack and i've nto looke dback on anothe rmouse i have an MX510 next too it for my media box and te Razor just owns it for sensitivy and after a while you get used oto the feel depends how you hold your mouse. If you grip it like a bear strangler then you prob wont like the shape but if you hold it with the tips of your fingers and glide it over you matt then its a lovely mouse :D.

Morgan.

7. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

I know of the way razor names there mice. But the main point is in the past the kinda look like the name. The copper head one though looks nothing like copper. but the G5 has a copper spot on it. I am saying that Razor is trying to use Logitechs marketing for G5 and use it for there copper head. Well any way, I have used a razor mouse a while back at a LAN Party, didn't like it that much. I have big hands and like the feel of my curvy mx1000. The curve it what I need. I really dont like the 500 series mouse ethier by logitch. I whish they sticked witht he MX1000 shell.

But I am thinking of a future mod with mx shell and G5 or G7 inners.

8. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Minimodder

Ummmm, or they're just naming them after snakes? Like every other mouse they make? Viper, Diamondback, Copperhead? Honestly, how many people have heard of Razor, not alot I'd reckon, so if they were trying to "ride" off on Logitech's features they'd be doing a bad job huh? And if I recall correctly, I believe that Razor had the name Copperhead planned quite awhile ago.

9. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Dude, it was spelled correctly, that was a grammar issue. And if we're at that, "nazi" should be capitalized. And naturally you should be using bbtags rather than HTML, as this is a forum.

Ok, I'm in the middle of writing a college essay. Seriously. Though that might be due to the amount of caffeine coursing through my veins more than anything else.

Anyways, I've used a decent amount of mice and always come back to my MS Optical Intellimouse. Having said that, it's only because of the design, it's a fairly "tall" mouse and I'm definately a palm user - it just feels wierd if my palm doesn't have something touching it.

The idea of sensitivity on-the-fly is definately a good one, most popular mice seem to do that recently. Like you with putting this in the body of the Viper, I'd love to see it in the body of the MSOIM I love. The thing literally has sweat burned onto the body at this point (modding in an infrared LED to replace the stock red makes it a touch warm - in addition to awesomely stealthy - thanks to 100mA of invisible light goodness. Remember, kids, that the average ultrabright LED won't draw more than 30mA, most 20mA, and the standard LEDs in an optical mouse would probably be under 10mA). Unfortunately, I can't see myself as being too successful at hitting the right button to change the sensitivity, but then again I used to go 0-25 in CS.

Dunno, I just see my game improving more by putting that money towards an FPS-specific keyboard. But on that same note, nothing's been quite as reliable as my dell multimedia keyboard. I love those winamp controls...

10. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Wasn't sure if the bbtags would show up if I actually put something like that in them. Anyway, ok, it was spelled correctly, that was grammer, but I was just quickly correcting something you see wrong on forums alot, I'm happy to be corrected right back :)

11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Yeah, bbtags only parse if they actually work. I can throw out [fake]tags[/fake] and open [i]tags but they won't go off. I'm not sure whether I should point out it's gramm[b]a[/b]r and "alot" is two words.

I tell ya', it's that darned college essay.

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

No, sure, go ahead and point stuff out, I'm always happy to be corrected :). Sometimes I slip up and spell things I know badly, or use bad grammar, sometimes I just don't know, but I'm always happy to learn.

Intresting about the bbtags, will note that for future.

13. Iceman_Kimi

Iceman_Kimi What's a Dremel?

As the saying goes you only get what you pay for this is true for almost everything you buy i mean i thought my old cloth/foam mouse mat and ball mice was useable then i got a microsoft intellimouse 3.0a which was a major improvement from my old ball mouse but it still seemed to drag its feet on a cloth mouse mat so i invested in a ratpadz gs and what i thought was good got even better until the feet of the mouse got clogged with dirt which brings me onto the copperhead, at £50 its not cheap but the difference is amazing, movement is virtually frictionless and the speed of the cursor is ridiculous the only thing that gripes my ass is the side buttons, perhaps its the way i hold it but to press the back button seems like too much effort on the thumb however the forward button is in good position the solution i have found for me is to reverse the buttons and use the forward button as back and since when browsing its what i use mostly and its much more comfortable to use now, personally i wouldnt buy another logitech product or saitek for that matter since the logitech momo wheel has to have the worst pedals ever which lost there full analogue capacity after 1 week so now im stuck with calibrating it with dxtweak since this is my second wheel and its gonna cost me more to keep sending em back than live with it, also i dont know what it is with logitech products they have a real cheap click sound with the buttons same with saitek microsoft products and this razer have a nicer sound to the click, perhaps says somthing about the quality of the products or lack of it with logitech, and as for razer or anyone copying logitech, logitech are followers not leaders.

14. wilkyboy

wilkyboy What's a Dremel?

anyone got this? what colours the laser?

15. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Gramatically, you should be able to say that in one breath... :duh:

<A88>

16. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

i've always 'fingered' :)p) both my logitech and MS mice
    heel of palm on the mat, hold the mouse between thumb + little finger, 3 other fingers for lmb, wheel, rmb

honestly i think the on the fly sensitivity adjustment thing is such a gimmick
    i turned mine off after the first gaming session wit hthe mx518
    kept accidently putting the sensitivity up when i try and scroll and it was just too annoying, never found much use for it either
    i just set it up how i like it and find it works fine for both fast movement and slow precision
    i also have mouse acceleration on :eeek:
    some people dont like it but i find it quite good :p

17. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

Specs

This might be a good time to ask: what is the relationship between a mouse's resolution, polling frequency, response time, and in-game mouse sensitivity? My guess is that the in-game mouse sensitivity uses interpolation to literally multiply the resolution... but perhaps someone else might know better? :)

Last edited: 20 Mar 2006
  18. Iceman_Kimi

There is no colour emmitted from the laser.

19. Iceman_Kimi

If you cant think of anything sensible to reply with then dont reply at all...

20. silent_project

silent_project What's a Dremel?

I got a diamondback for work :) then i immediately got another for home because there is just no going back... I like the high sensitivity for normal windows as well as gimabing because i like a lightning fast cursor.

Tags: Add Tags