1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Recommend me some tubing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N17 dizzi, 22 Jun 2012.

1. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

2. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Ive used that stuff (got from aquatuning) and its been pretty good. But again, it didnt stay in the loop for more than 6 months so im not sure about its longevity. Hopefully it performs well for you :thumb:

3. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Thanks bobby, I hope so :)

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I hope to god I don't have to go the multi link route. They are too pricey. What are these flanged connectors you speak of?

5. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

The Koolance fittings are designed for copper pipe but they're designed for one time use and even more expensive than multi-link adapters. Both the black and silver multi-link adapters are pretty hard to get hold of at the moment anyway. Mine's been on order for 2 months with no sign of them.

Have a search for a worklog from DarthBeavis, I think he's building with copper tube. KayinBlack I think is building with stainless steel tube.

6. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I ordered my 2 multi link adapters from America such is the shortage over here.. took 3 days to arrive and were less than £15 so no charges..

7. Big Elf

Where did you get them from? I used to order from Performance PCs until they put the shipping charges up plus I need 8.

8. The_Crapman

I'm ordering a couple of samples of the acrylic tubing (13x10 and 12x10) to see if i can get it to work and ordered my rads, res, pumps and a few sample fittings for measuring and testing. lets see what happens!

9. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Performance PCs.. the shipping on 2 adapters made it up to about the same as specialtech price.

8 is a different story I'd imagine ^^

10. Big Elf

Shipping on 8 (4 pairs) is 39U$D + 20% Import VAT and £10-12 brokerage.

11. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Would it be cheaper or better to get 4 lots of 2 separately? I did not pay brokerage or VAT as the value of 2 is less than £15 which is allowed.

I guess it depends how desperate you are, I paid over the odds getting a bitspower acrylic top for my pump from performance pcs because at the time no one had stock..

I perhaps shouldn't mention and remove if this is wrong to say but performance pcs will declare a lower value if you request so by email but it won't be insured. For 8 fittings I would do it personally.

12. Big Elf

Each batch would cost just under 8U$D each for shipping and it's about $11 per pair so that comes out to about £48 for 8 with no VAT etc. With the free shipping I get from Specialtech and the slightly lower price I pre-ordered them for it's costing me about £26.

Edit: I got my pre-orders confused the cost is £32 with free shipping.

Last edited: 25 Jun 2012
  13. The_Crapman

Yeh so i got my test fittings yesterday and using normal compression fittings with acrylic tubing will be a challenge, but i recon i could get it to work.

[​IMG]

I'll need to take off the lip as per the red circle, shave a bit off the barb and fit an o-ring on it. Will be getting my tubing samples nxt week so will start work on a fitting this weekend and report back.