Recovery Software

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Drexial, 4 Aug 2007.

1. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

I have googled for some software, but I don't know how trustworthy the products I have come across are. I have an old hard drive that had a bad run in with Windows Me. The issue came about that when ME would crash it would leave part of the disk undamaged, but unusable. I have yet to format that section and I was wondering if there was anyone out there that could recommend good recovery software to see if maybe some good data is left on it.

2. Golygus

Golygus Minimodder

Ontrack's Easy Recovery Pro is good.

3. padair

padair Inebriated

As above - I've used it at work for several years and it does what you want - as it looks at the disk sectors and not the partition it can recover stuff that you deleted (or rather what you thought you had deleted)

4. Accord

Accord What's a Dremel?

5. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

I've personally used GetDataBack with great success in the past :rock:

BTW: It may very well be a good program, but it would seem Accord has joined these forums, purely to promote/pimp that Stellar Phoenix program :confused:
    He/she only 'shows face' around these parts, when somebody is asking for advice on a data recovery product - such that his/her only three posts on the forums, have been to suggest it :sigh: :rolleyes: :nono:

6. b0ned0me

b0ned0me I won't upgrade anything this month

Absolutely. I ran this on the HD from my mum's PC when it got trashed by a virus or something she did. It got back the vast majority of her files, and also many files from when it was the secondary drive in my PC a couple of years ago.:eeek: And a whole bunch dating back to when it was the main drive in my old PC years before that :jawdrop: - stuff that had survived multiple formats and rebuilds. It was a real eye-opener about secure deletion, I tell you.

7. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

ok resurrecting it a bit to say thanks for the recommendation...... just as i get the chance to try something the HDD died after 7 years..... :( so its gone for good now. how ironic.

8. dizzyboy

dizzyboy What's a Dremel?

i've used easy recovery pro to recover about 70 gb of data from a hdd that went kaput...