1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove Formatting

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Corky42, 8 Apr 2020.

1. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I've not had time to test if it's just me and my browser of choice but is the remove formatting button broken for anyone else?

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Only one way to find out...

EDIT:
    Yup, 's buggered here on Firefox/Linux.

Temporary workaround: Ctrl-A (select all), Ctrl-X (cut), Ctrl-Shift-V (paste without formatting).

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

It seems a bit hit and miss for me, it mostly works when removing formatting from the forum such as what you wrote above but doesn't work on text copied from other sites, I'm using Pale Moon on Linux if that matters.

4. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Last edited: 8 Apr 2020
  5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Ah, wait, I might have been stupid (for a change): having never used the "remove formatting" button, I figured it'd just remove formatting from the whole post - which didn't work. However, if I highlight the line with the formatting in *then* press the button, it works fine.