1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Replacement for Dell U2711

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Aterius Gmork, 14 Dec 2016.

1. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Dear fellow bit-techers,

my current main display, a Dell U2711, seems to be dying. Please help me find a new one that is - well, similar to the old one.

The screen should be at least 27", 32" would be preferred I think. I had a look at some ultra-wide displays at the store last weekend, and I did not like them. Even the massive 34” screen looked smaller height wise. They had a 38” display from LG on display but that one was very expensive and there was visible backlight bleeding. A curved screen is not necessary nor wanted but something I could probably live with.

The resolution should not be smaller than the current screen, so 1440p at least.

I never want a TN-panel again, ever. IPS or PVA please. Main use will be gaming and some graphical work, nothing professional. – Still I really like the pre-calibrated, natural colours the U2711 has.

Input lag, G-Sync, more than 60 FPS is not important. My current screen has massive input lag of at least 32ms and it never bothered me. Now that I had a stroke multiplayer FPS games are out of the question anyway. Since it does make a difference though: My last cards have been from Nvidia, currently I have a GTX 1070. Unfortunately I don’t have a choice, my favorite game runs much worse on AMD cards.

The screen really needs to have a DisplayPort port though. The cable is routed through a wall.

Any recommendations?

Thank you so much for your help!

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I've recently acquired a Dell UP3017 (awesome story behind it - got it half price as an RMA). All I'll say is: GOOD. GOD.

Factory colour calibration is fantastic - when I used my Spyder4Pro, the updated colours barely changed. Not only that, you can go full hardware calibration if you get an X-Rite i1Display Pro - mine's currently awaiting delivery.

I appreciate that the monitor is expensive, but I have NEVER seen anything look this good. Dell customer support is amazing too, so any problems in the next three years and you'll get a straight replacement in 1-3 days.

It also has a gamer mode which reduces lag - though even on its current settings, I've not noticed any lag problems.

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I've had an AOC Q3277PQU (2560x1440) since June and am very happy with it. It's a VA panel so contrast ratio is high, viewing angles are good, response time is OK and input lag is not noticeable to me when playing RPG/MMORPG games. Stand is height adjustable.

http://aoc-europe.com/en/products/q3277pqu