1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Scan Multiple Pages To PDF

Discussion in 'Software' started by PureSilver, 9 Jan 2010.

1. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

You'd think this would be a simple problem to solve, but I've now been through four bits of freeware and none of them were any good, either unable to assemble multiple pages or unable to make the .pdfs A4 instead of some random width.

What I want to do: use the scanner on my new Samsung SCX-4300 MFP to scan multiple pages into a single .pdf. I use Windows 7 x64 Pro.

I'd like this to be a freeware answer if at all possible, I only need to do this about once a week. Any ideas?

2. PureSilver

Nobody?

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

A quick Google came up with a number of options, such as Scan2PDF, which is free, as well as a number of reasonably cheap programs (such as Scan To PDF, which costs $20 for the home version).

I have no idea how good they are, though.

PureSilver likes this.
  4. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

PureSilver likes this.
  5. EvilRusk

EvilRusk What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I had a look and it seems you can use irfanview to "acquire" and set it to acquire "multiple images", save as "Tiff" and tick "save as multiple page."

If you install PrimoPDF you can use it as a printer in irfanview to print the multi-page Tiff as a PDF. It has options to do things like "auto rotate" pages and you can append to already existing pdf files.

I haven't had much use of them but you might have some luck there.

PureSilver likes this.
  6. PureSilver

There's even a plugin that lets you save as a multipage .pdf without using a second program! You're a miracle worker :D

Thanks everyone else too, consider yourselves +repped :thumb:

It's good, but it doesn't do multipage .TIFFs nor scanned input. Good for everything else, though.

Those were amongst the ones I tried... They're good at what they do but the former doesn't let you select page size, and the latter is unwilling to talk to my scanner. Thanks, though!

7. TARIKK

TARIKK Minimodder

I use Bullzip pdf printer. It can be usefull as well.

8. Boxcarr

Boxcarr Will use any tool available.

I've used pdfsam at work for a bit. works well not only joining multiple pdfs into one, but will also split pdfs. Freeware to boot!