1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Scan opens new retail store front, talks expansion

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Jul 2008.

1. Teknokid

Teknokid Minimodder

Id still like to try before I buy :D

Its also nice to have a browse, and once you order your latest £1.5k mega machine, a few days seems like years (I know...)

2. Kode

Kode What's a Dremel?

I like scan a lot, im already registered on the free delivery through hexus. lewchenko is right though, i place an order the day before yesterday, on the site it only said my case was out of stock, then the next day i got an email saying the case, motherboard and memory were out of stock, with a lead date of 4th august :( but other than that, ive always had a good experience with them :)

3. Teknokid

Teknokid Minimodder

Same, when I ordered my 'Dream pc' a couple of years back, they held around £1k of stuff, for a £4.50 fan, which I didnt mind since I also ordered the motherboard from novatech that hadn't arrived. However, when the fans came back into stock, something else was no longer in stock :S

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It's not all about how it looks tbh, it's all about the service when you turn up.

I've never tried Scan, but microdirect have a fairly flashy showroom, and crap service. Aria are in the same boat - pretty reasonable showroom, but the order process is a long and slow affair. :(

5. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Dont get me started on Microdirect. No exaderation, it took almost 9 months to get a refund on a faulty hard disk. They messed me around so much for such a long time.

I used my work phone to call them because it was costing me a bomb. They stick you on hold for hours. I left the phone on loud speaker and ended up being on hold for no more than 5 hours and then the guy answered and hung up on me.

Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never again.

worst customer service in the world. Im happy to use scan from now on when they sort the free postage out, which still doesnt not link Bit-tech accounts to their site.

6. naokaji

naokaji whatever

to be honest, some people (like me) live in places where there are no pc shops where you can buy up to date hardware, so of course some people will love the idea of scan opening a bigger retail shop just for the idea of a pc parts retail shop existing regardless of quality.

Tags: Add Tags