1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Scratch Build Lizard Desk - project finished. Final photo session.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by awadon, 24 Oct 2013.

1. MoRBiD

MoRBiD Minimodder

Yep.... Definitely a Woody growin here.

2. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

It looks great! Only thing I dislike is the fake shaddows, and the wood "floor" in the photos. I think it would have looked better if you had just put it in white, when you had to delete the background either way.

3. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

it's seems the ironing board of the dwarves of the Kitsch Forest...I could find it useful in a post- catastrophe scenario as combustible

4. Rafe Zetter

Rafe Zetter What's a Dremel?

^^ Your avatar says multi modder, show us what you've done then.

As a woodworker I know how much effort has gone into this, and I can assure you it is a LOT of hours, the only tiniest criticisms would be instead of using clear epoxy resin glue, I would have used something like cascamite that can be coloured with waterbased dye so it shows up less in gaps. I would also cover up all that mismatched endgrain where the computer drawer is with 1 sheet of veneer, and align it to the top grain so it looks like it's flowing over the edge.

Maybe another time you could add that later.

Otherwise, amazing work, I would be elated to have something like that in my home, and I'd show it off to everyone.

Congrats on being named in Forbes as one of the best PC mods of 2014.

5. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

Nice reaction... :nono: The looks might not be your style, but at least you could appreciate the work and effort that has gone into this build. No need to be such an ass, especially when you don't have any significant mods yourself....

OT: Awesome build, a completely original desk build that looks like nothing else, very well done. (I wish I had half of your woodworking skills) Now go upgrade that hardware :thumb: :D