1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SE T610 Need to Unlock and Reflash...How & Where?

Discussion in 'General' started by pheonix, 9 Sep 2004.

1. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

Hey All,

I'm buying a mates T610 after his contract upgrade. Its locked to Voda, and needs to be on O2. Also apparently it has Voda branded stuff on it. So I want to unlock it and get rid of the vodaphone stuff, presumably through re-flashing?

What kit do I need to do this myself? And anyone know any good suppliers? The ones coming up on Google all look quite dodgy IMO. Struggling to find somewhere to do it in my local town too (Taunton...although will be in Exeter for uni soon).

Haven't got a clue how to go about this at the moment :D

TIA for any help

2. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Don't need to reflash at all.... usually you can find some places that unlock OTA (over the air) usually online... or you can go to any one of those dodgy looking phone shops and they'll do it for a around a tenner...

The vodaphone stuff will mostly come off if you scrape your thumbnail or something over the logo...

3. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I have a friend who can do this and also update the firmware to speed up the menus + camera etc.
    I'll ask him for you if you want?

4. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

I have found that sometimes on those dodgy mobile phone market stalls they sometimes have the ability to do it, also for around a 10er.

5. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

Cheers for the replies guys.

I can't do OTA because its a SE, and it seems OTA is only available for Nokias (and a few others).

By branding I meant like Vodaphone branded menus not on the actual phone, thou thanks for the tips, will use em if there is anything on the actual phone.

Will have to think about going down teh market then :D

6. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

You won't need it unlocked if you re-flash it as the flashing process resets the locks anyway.

http://www.unlockingshop.co.uk/ - I had my T610 flashed by him while-u-wait as the guy who runs the site is local to me. He certainly knows his stuff! Mobile phone geek ;)

7. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

Cheers Atomic. If I can't find anywhere locally, will send it off to him probably. Little bit nervy about it though, seeming as I'd be sending him quite alot of monies worth of phone! Oh well

8. inder

inder Mr.Modtown

I can do this for you, unlocking and de-branding to remove all vodafone menu's and whatnot to sim-free spec with latest software version I can lay my hands on.

Has to be done by post, to hook up to service equipment. The way I do it with customers is basically they send phone to me, I work on it and I send back the same day, so it arrives back with them the next (special delivery).

Here if needed :thumb:

:)

9. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

What you need is a terminator dongle, look for them on ebay.