1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Selling Car (Help needed)

Discussion in 'General' started by AoE, 5 Jan 2012.

1. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

That would invalidate your insurance. You also have to send them proof of it (a copy of the renewal letter) which would have a date on it that was too far in advance...

2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I managed to 'delay' sending my NCD proof by about 2 weeks for exactly the same reason as you, i hadnt quite finished the year. After it passed i sent it off and they never questioned it, i rang them to make sure they received it and they said everything was fine.

Obviously if you dont get yours till around the 18th of feb it would be very risky, just swap the new car on your policy, itll be much easier and there wont be any complications (unless you havent sold your old one yet)

3. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

cheers guy ok, if i take out a new policy for the new car with only 1 NCB, can I then ring them up again to modfiy the policy when I get my 2nd NCB off the other company?

so in a nutshell ring them to say I now have another NCB can you lower the price a bit on the currrent policy?

4. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Not sure.

What it might be good to do is, if you know who your going with for insurance, is to phone them up and ask them about it. They might accept 2 years, aslong as you provide the proof when it arrives.

Not entirely sure they'd give you any refunds for gaining an extra NCB once the policy has been taken out.

Its probably easier just to swap cars on you current policy till it ends, unless its going to cost you a bomb extra for doing that.

5. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

yeah probaly would cost extra for swapping on current policy, but could i not get a temporary policy our with my current insurer?

ok yes I'm going to ring them and ask if they will accept 2 years when I get my renewal letter in, I assume thats where the ncb will be on the renewal yeah?

cheers guys