1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Sharp LC46SB54U + Sharp Support...

Discussion in 'General' started by DarkLord7854, 14 Nov 2008.

1. wizzle-stick

wizzle-stick What's a Dremel?

on the phone with sharp now

apparently you call and somehow get a sup then mention that your gonna take the tv back and buy a sony they move you up the food chain

i appreciate your trouble with sharp dark cause without this i would be going through hell getting this far

*and now i got a manager, and she tried to spill out a crapload of crap and supposedly theres another firmware update out there shes gonna send me.

so im waiting for the firmware and ill comment if it fixes issue

shame they didnt just let me upgrade

Last edited: 19 Dec 2008
  2. wizzle-stick

and they sent me the exact same firmware i had....which the tv already has on it cause it was replaced yesterday

this is aggrivating

3. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Ask to speak to William Puckett, that's who I talk to and he's was very helpful, and since he handled my case, he should be able to handle yours better.

4. wizzle-stick

thank you for that
    im waiting for the dispatch to pick up the phone so i can talk to someone

*of course he is not in today....bad weather...im totally writing a complaint letter

Last edited: 19 Dec 2008
  5. DarkLord7854

Call him back tomorrow, trust me, the guy is real nice ;)

6. wizzle-stick

i would but tomorrow is saturday
    ill have to hit him up on monday

but i think im making progress

how much further up the chain did you have to go to get your tv replaced?

7. DarkLord7854

Ah right, forgot it was Saturday.. I work too much :hehe:

I only ever really talked to him. Occasionally when I couldn't reach him I had to call back dispatch and bust their balls repeatedly as they tried transferring me around their "technical" *cough* staff.

8. kctd

kctd What's a Dremel?

I ended up returning the unit to Sears. Not worth the hassle. I'm glad that the newer model is working out for you.

Thanks for your detailed info in this thread. It has saved me the trouble I would've faced in due time.

9. wizzle-stick

called just a bit ago, was on hold for around 20 minutes, mr puckett was on the phone with another customer so he is supposed to call me back....i got money it was someone else complaining about their tv blinking while running in high def

10. wizzle-stick

just got a call back from william and he said they will be replacing my unit with an aquos tv....
    hell yea

so basically all you gotta do is spend a day on the phone (and i mean about 6 hours) and then work your way up to william puckett

make sure you document everything you did to resolve the issue and who you talk to so you have names and what they did

once again thanks dark for doing the hard part and spending 4+ months dealing with their customer service

now to wait for the tv...

11. DarkLord7854

Np bud, figured others would find this useful :)

12. wizzle-stick

invaluable is the word i would use

13. CrippledKnight

CrippledKnight What's a Dremel?

Sharp 46 LCD

Same thing is happening to me... I contacted Sharp and they told me they have never heaqrd of any of these TVS to be having this sort of issue... Now I see your post, I see other people's, and I know they were either feeding me b/s, or they just don't record tv issues... Because if we are here complaining about this, there mus be hundreds of people with the same issue that have never even gone through this site.

For those of you out there... I can't tell people out ther enot to buy from Shap, since gracefully, I still haven't gone through all the crap you've gone. But I humbly please, ask everyone out there reawding this, do NOT buy this model... DON't BUY IT. Buy another model from sharp or another company, but this model is messed up, it will not work with your components and maybe with your hdmi... :wallbash:

14. pigSTI04

pigSTI04 LC46SB54Useless

Quick update: Sharp sent a local tech to replace the main board in the back, where input 1 is connected. Unfortunately he was supposed to be here on Monday but ended up showing up on Wednesday (Sharp didn't ship the board in time)which meant I couldn't be here. Had to do it through my girlfriend which I wasn't happy about. The guy who came though was very nice and set the TV up to optimal viewing settings. Unfortunately the board replacement didn't fix the problem. We knew this already though.

...And Sharp USA isn't open on the weekends. Sounds like I'll have to call on Monday and ask for William Phucket (sounds like a name you use to prank call).

As always I'll keep you posted.

Hope everyone had a happy Holidays.

15. DarkLord7854

It's Puckett. Good luck

16. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

i smell a class action lawsuit coming, shortly.

17. wizzle-stick

not if they just upgrade you to the aquos model

im still awaiting mine to come in (understandable due to christmas and such)

so take a day. spend it on the phone. jump through their hoops. then talk to willy. from my experience with him hes very understanding and willing to help.

hes the dispatch supervisor i believe (or manager) so anyone not in dispatch will have no idea who he is

18. pigSTI04

pigSTI04 LC46SB54Useless

Update:

Called Sharp twice the other day to discuss the next steps. I got the runaround for a while saying it was the setting in the xbox 360. I laughed said ok, let me change the setting you seem to think it is (still had the problem). I was then told that the problem isn't with the xbox 360 or the TV. So I asked what the problem would be, and was told it's a compatibility issue. after about 15 minutes of back and forth and explaining to the individual that his logic didn't work out I asked to speak with a supervisor or manager. That was my first disconnection. I called back, this time with less patients asked to speak with a supervisor right away. Bam disconnected again. After enjoying my holidays I decided to call back today. The case is under manager review (they mentioned something about an exchange) and said a manager would be calling me back later today. Perhaps it is William Puckett.

The customer service absolutely atrocious, I'm willing to be patient and work through the matter with them, but when you start making things up and then hanging up on me when I point out holes in your BS you get an aggravated customer.

:wallbash:

19. DarkLord7854

Sorry to hear that bud, their customer service is truly horrendous, you just have to keep pestering them, it sucks.

20. HINESerelli

HINESerelli What's a Dremel?

Well, I finally got on the phone today and called Sharp.. everyone was really cool with me and I ended up getting directed to dispatch.. then I got a guy named David. He wanted to send a tech over, I told him to save the resources because I knew someone with the same exact problem and had the same exact thing done and it did not help out at all. I then asked if Puckett was in today and he tried directing me but, he said he walked over to his desk and he wasn't there right now... so David said he would email him and he should be giving me a call back shortly. For now, I will be waiting. Oh, they took me through the steps of going through the display settings in the xbox and it did nothing to resolve the problem and even had me move the component plugs to input 3 and still did the same.. Hopefully Mr.Puckett and I can resolve this issue. Anything else I should say to Puckett about these issues or to have him lean towards the best resolution?