1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Show your scars

Discussion in 'General' started by modfx, 24 Aug 2011.

1. getDownShep

getDownShep What's a Dremel?

The question has to be asked Teddy or Grizzly?

You're damn right there. I was 7 years old when mine burst at school, about 9.30am. Saw a doctor at 5.30pm, emergency operation at midnight.

2. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

sideways horse shoe scar on my knee from when I cut it open falling on ice, straight line across my knee.. and soon to add 3 cross shapes to my shoulder when the three holes fromthe op heal fully. :/

3. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

Have a 15cm and 10cm scar on my left forearm (front and rear) from an operation after a snowboarding accident where I now have 2 plates and 12 screws. A 5cm scar on my head from something when I was about 7. A ton of scars on my hands from playing with knives... I cut off the tip of one of my fingers as well.

4. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've only got three visible scars (as far as I am aware, I've never looked thoroughly for any others), lots of other types of injuries though.

The scars are:
    Left ankle, where I had surgery to remove half of the bone after it got smashed by a car (approx 4" scar left). Bit of a pain walking now as my nerves got a little screwed from the surgery so I can't balance so well.

Side of my right hand's index finger, from an inline skating accident where I fell on that hand and snapped the finger sideways. (approx 1cm scar, tiny!)

Another tiny scar on the back of my right hand, from when I had a screwdriver rammed through it (you know that thing where you keep stabbing sharp object between your fingers as fast as possible, don't let someone who doesn't like you do it). There's a slight scar on the palm's side but it's not very visible with the palm being pale.

As for non-visible scar injuries, I have tons but the main things are:
    Right shoulder is split almost completely through - another skating injury, from falling off a half-pipe.

2" crack in my skull above my left eye (no visible scar but the split can be felt... people are always poking my head) - from when a friend thought it would be hilarious to throw a brick at my head. :\

Lost almost all of the knuckle on my right hand's ring finger, there's a tiny bump left for the remains of it but the majority of the bone got completely smashed. - a dumb bell fell on it when I was bout 4 years old.

Cracked rib - another friend injury, one of my slightly violent friends wanted to try out her kick boxing training and decided that it would be mostly harmless to use me as a training dummy... to be fair I did agree to let her hit me.

And one general oddity... on my left wrist I have a bone missing on the outer side. Never did find out why I don't have a bone there.

5. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

Got a fair few, middle finger right hand has a scar most of the way round it from an ice hockey incident, left forearm has about 3x 4 inch scars from putting my arm through a plate glass window when I was seriously drunk, right leg has a couple of decent scars, biggest starts about halfway down the shin and curves below the ankle from playing silly buggers on a boat at 60 knots in a 6ft swell (yay for metal plates and screws, mostly removed now) got another one that runs straight across that one, the result of a childhood accident involving a bike, a tree and an open tin can. Various scars on head and face from doing silly **** as a kid and a lovely one on my back where some little sod stabbed me with a pen on the tube.

6. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

I have a tiny one in my finger caused by an idiot with safety scissors...

7. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

With safety scissors? How the....? That's impressive lol

My only incident with safety scissors is potentially the most embarassing story of all time but this is about scars.

Got several on my hands from either general stupidity or genuine accidents. One on my eye from a dog bite when i was young. Several very feint ones on my arms from an unpleasant time of my life and one huuge mofo on the top of my head but it's covered with hair, again from stupidity.

8. Blazza181

Did you circumcise yourself?

9. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I'm actually in pain at the mere thought of that.

No, I didn't. I had accidentally swallowed some gum (which i never do) and it passed through my system on its merry way. Now it would seem that gum going through the digestive system changes it in no way whatsoever and makes it a slippery son of a bitch because whilst in the bath I let rip a colossal fart of the Defcon 2 variety at which point aforementioned gum shot out. Unfortunately, due to being sat in the bathtub, it immediately got rather comprehensively impressed with all of my..err...insulation. Gum in hair is a total pain to remove anyway but in such a place i had no hope in hell of cutting it out myself and so i had to persuade my girlfriend to do it for me. The only things to hand were a pair of those really crappy safety scissors.

Some almost exactly like this to be honest...
    [​IMG]

It took best part of half an hour to remove the offending material due to my then girlfriend being nearly paralysed with laughter.

The chewing gum in question was Wrigleys 'Big Red' Cinnamon gum and yes, when it came out, it was still red.

Yes you may mock me :sigh:

Jipa likes this.
  10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Firstly, Throbbi, awesome story, had me chuckling for a while.

I have a fair few scars, it seems as though I get a scar from almost anything from a cut to an insect bite. I have one on my forehead from the bottom of a swimming pool, it is in the shape of the gaps between those little tiny rectangle tiles that get used and needed 3 stitches.

I have 2 or 3 small ones on the back of my head where I had monitoring electrodes placed when I was born (there was some worry apparently, I dunno). Got scars all over my right knuckles from various incidents and martial arts training when I was younger, left hand always came out fine for some reason.

Got LOADS of scars from insect bites, I always blister up form a mosquito bite so you can draw dot to dot on my back and down my legs.

We inherited a sofa from a friend after his aunt died and although it had probably been sat on maybe once or twice, she always let the neighborhood cats in and they brought fleas, lots of fleas. Once the sofa had warmed up, the eggs hatched and I counted 132 bites on me and yup, still have scars from those.

I have another from a wasp sting 3 years ago on my right wrist and then there is one I won't go into too much detail over on my giblets as a result of some surgery to correct a small problem caused by my diabetes (and when I say 'small' I really mean huge, massive /*insert manly grrr*/)

11. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

Got this one about two weeks ago....
    [​IMG]

Can you guess what it is?

12. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Knife or surgery?

I have one under my left eye to the nose where a girl I was trying to impress hit me in the face with a snooker cue after I put my head in front of the ball. Wasn't intentional of course but gouged a nice trough and was lucky it didn't hit my eye.

Loads in my hands from either playing knuckles with a 2 pound coin or stanley knifes.

Other than that I've been fairly lucky - touch wood!

13. Blazza181

My man, I am eternally in your debt. That is a story.

14. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I had a hernia when I was around 2. The stitch marks look massive now!

Managed to pour a steaming cup of coffee over myself when I was 4 which has left small burn marks on my arms.

Climbing over a 7' fence I fell and the only thing stopping me from hitting the floor was the back of my right leg on a spike on top of the fence. So I was dangling upside down then I managed to free myself but now have a scar on my right hand and on the back of my leg, natch.

I can't really see it but I guess there's a scar or two in the roof of my mouth as a tooth was extracted out of my top gum. When I awoke from the op there was a lot of blood in my mouth - yum.

A handle fell off a mug while I was picking it up and cut just above my thumb surprisingly deep.

Had a suspected melanoma taken off my back.

Caught my right arm on a metal door edge, weirdly it didn't hurt at the time and the first I knew of it were drops of blood appearing on the floor. It certainly left a mark.

Last edited: 25 Aug 2011
  15. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

scars in the bottom side of the joints on my left hand from steel rod sliding and slicing to bone
    scars on top of left hand from hitting kerb @ 30kph on bike
    scar on nose from cat when i was aged 1 (24 yrs ago!!)
    'i hate me' cuts on left shoulder during massive bipolar/borderline base in my life, as well as lots of others
    scar on heel when i took a flap of skin off with an alu door aged 10

16. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Left Arm - 3 Inches - Sliced my arm down to the bone playing on some metal. Lucky it didn't get the artery.

Stomach - 5inch - Appendix removed when I was 15.

Right Hand - Knife stab wound, went straight through (Accident not Fight).

17. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

Surgical scar on both sides of my right foot joining at the back and going most of the way up my calf, probably about 45cm long. The surgery was to fix my club foot when I was a child, as a result my right foot is 2 sizes smaller than the left,the calf muscle is noticeably smaller and my right leg is a bit shorter than the left.

Scar (4cm) on my right elbow from a scalpel.

Scar(7x3cm) shaped like the letter T on my left arm from where some idiot walked into me holding a very hot tray

Crap loads of smaller scars everywhere from life in general :)

18. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Random thread is random :eyebrow:

I have a lot of scars; some from when I was a kid, some from after I became an adult but tried to act like a kid and quite a few from work related incidents as well :rolleyes:

This, for example:

...left me with some pretty gnarly looking 'suicide scars' on my left wrist. My hands in general take a beating on a daily basis... I don't have 'tough' skin but I do work with my hands all day, so I get nicks and cuts and scratches all the time. I almost lost a finger in the engineering plant I was working in on my summer holidays from uni - sharp edged mild steel plate fell on it off the top of a machine due to vibrations. The nurse who stitched it for me said if it had been a few mm deeper it would have got the nerve and I'd have lost the top of the finger above the joint. That left a scar.

I have had a couple of pretty bad incidents outside work as well. A pissed off Lab Retriever bit me on the arm when I was 12. I also came off my mountain bike on a steep downhill slope after hitting a stone at about 25mph, landing on loose, rough quarrystones. That left a few nasty ones on my arms because I was only wearing a t-shirt.

I have no surgical scars whatsoever. The last time I had surgery was when I was 2, and that was minor.

19. Prometheus

Prometheus Minimodder

I've got a few scars, only one i'm not entirely sure where it came from.

I've got one on my neck under my chin from having a lump removed when I was 16, it doesn't really show any more though, only when i'm really cold.

I have one on my left hand between my fingers in the shape of a v. that was caused by some stainless steel mesh at work that was used to hold plaster on walls. was a huge pile of it in the middle of the room I was walking through and as I was packing up for the day I was carrying a drill back to the store room, as I walked past the pile of mesh my arm swung wide due to the weight of the drill and impaled my hand on the mesh.

I also have a burn on my hand which I'm not entirely sure how it go there but it looks like an F and an S.

On my other hand I have a scar on one finger that was caused by a live wire shorting out across my finger when it was damp (the circuit wasn't live when I started work but some twit turned it back on with out checking first).

On the same hand on my middle finger I have a scar that was caused by my car. I was working on the brakes as they were making an odd noise, after dismantling them and sorting the problem I put them back together. once I'd finished I spun the wheel round to make sure the noise had stopped, as I did this my hand slipped between the spokes of the wheel. I've got big 4 pot Brembo callipers on my car and there isn't a lot of clearance between the side of the calliper and the back of the spokes. I couldn't pull my hand back fast enough and the top of my finger got crushed between the calliper and spokes. My nail still grows with a dent in it several years later.

And lastly I have a large scar on my leg near my knee, I nor anybody in my family can remember how it happened but I think it may have been falling off my bike into a bramble bush at speed when I was 12 or so.

20. slackda

slackda Is aiming for a Headshot!

lol...
    well Managed to spin my car of the road into tree about 5 years ago and ripped my ear of my head......45 stitches later and it was back on :D, oh and one just above my left eye where i face planted after not doing my laces up as a kid...