1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics SLi and GPU Usage - What are your numbers and are mine normal?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by knuck, 17 Oct 2010.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Tried the 260.96 beta. The PC kept hanging up for no reason. I rolled back to the latest WHQL drivers and the PC is perfectly stable again.

I will have to postpone testing anyway. Tomorrow I'm busy and wednesday I'm getting my surgery and I doubt I will feel like playing with this crap for a few days after

I will get better performance though !

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

wow SLI sucks ass !

First of all I can't even get decent performances out of two GTX260 in a game with an engine that is 6 years old and second of all, when I give up and lower the graphics to get something smooth, the game is still unplayable because of all the stupid stuttering.

Screw this

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

The only thing I can think of is that the combination of cards you've got just doesn't get on. My experience with SLI has been the complete opposite!

Oh well, you can always use the spare 260 as a PhysX card ;) !

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I took it out yesterday and gave it back. I disabled one of the cards yesterday and the framerate was exactly the same but without stuttering. Needless to say this is much better.

I also know I will never try SLI again ;)

Tags: