1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony announces PS Vita battery pack

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Sep 2011.

1. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Lipo batterys like to explode if not handled carefully or charged right, or discharged right........

2. blohum

blohum What's a Dremel?

Wow... I remember having the external battery pack for my Sega Game Gear 20 years ago!

3. deadsea

deadsea What's a Dremel?

I'd hope not. Any one of us could whip up something like that in about 15 minutes with a regulator circuit and a bag of rechargables. Some of us might even be able to make it look good.

4. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

How often do you kids fly long haul flights that warrents a worry about battery life?

I fly long haul for 10 hours and when you break the time up with the 3 meal times and a movie plus sleep time, I dont have 5 hours to play on a handheld.

Ive had Gameboys,Lynx's, Gamegears, PSP, DS and never used them while flying. Cramped conditions make it uncomfortable to play,and low light hurts my eyes. I enjoy them sat in the garden or in bed or when someone is using the TV. 5 hours quoted on the Vita is sufficent for me. Even 1 hour is enough as I get cramp after an extended period holding these things.

But give me a nice gaming setup and ill game for days,not hours, in which case the only battery concerns I have are with keyboard, mice and joypads. But ive always got reserves on standby. :thumb:

Tags: Add Tags