1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony details 'Move' PS3 motion controller

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Mar 2010.

1. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

how you figure that? motion controls, 3d gaming... pretty innovative to me..

it's not replacing the DS3 guys!

its to attract the wii gamers. whats wrong with that. i will most likely not get it unless some game i like uses it properly. but if it sells more consoles great. they arent discontinuing the regular controllers.

the price is pretty good though. <$100 for the two Move controllers, the PS EYE, and one game.

2. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Really? REALLY? Really. :eyebrow:

The wii has the wiimote, xbox has natal and ps3 has a bulb on a stick.

Out of those, i'm sure bulb-on-a-stick wins every time and will become the de-facto standard for motion controllers the world over.

3. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

@ Mentai

One game improved by motion control?

Pro Evo on the Wii. No doubt.

4. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I've never played it, sports games (well sports overall really) are not my thing. Though I can see why tactile feedback and motion would make sense in a sports title. Swinging your arm to play tennis in wii sports does make sense, but that's a mini game. I played through Mario Galaxy and would have preferred a classic controller.
    Maybe I'm just stubborn? I just don't see the point in waggle over pushing a button. Having said that, devs have had decades to perfect gamepad control schemes, so it makes sense that they don't have a new system at it's full potential yet.

5. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

looks more like something the wife has in bottom draw, that takes batteries

6. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Heavy Rain uses it well.

7. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

Looks like they're trying to steal the casual gamer market away from Nintendo.
    I own a Wii, and it is the least used gaming system in the house next to only my old PSX, even the PS2 gets used more. There just aren't that many games on it that can hold my interest and of those that have so far, almost all of them have been ports of older titles (Resident Evil Zero and Remake at the moment). I'm not against motion controllers, I just don't think there's been many games that have really used them to their full potential.

8. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

How can it be next generation, when Microsoft require no device in the hand at all.

9. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I'm fairly certain they demoed project natal in vegas back in january. I got the impression it would be hitting the shelves very soon.

10. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

i would much rather have a device in my hand and look like a retard playing a videogame than looking like a retard pointing at the tv or pretending im holding a steering wheel.

Natal is just gonna get people calling up the psych ward to come get their neighbors.

Tags: Add Tags