1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony: "We can't guarantee security"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 May 2011.

1. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Absolutely THIS.

Made me laugh, and my tea came out of my nose!

:D

2. Artanix

Artanix Minimodder

Oh crap somebody broke into my house, oh, they just trashed the place... I'll not call the police this time eh?

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Yeah that was a ridiculas thing for a rep to say, unbelievable.

4. Kallyfudge

Kallyfudge What's a Dremel?

I guess if someone burglerinated your house you'd want to hide any illegal loot left behind before callerinerating the police. I dont think I will give my account details to sony ever if possible. It would seem they aren't too fussed about security, can you imagine if a bank said that? Its not as if its anything new that there is an arms race between system security and hackers but it would of only taken a bit of their profit to stay ahead of the game - like everyone else! If your going to store sensitive information it should take a hacker as much money to hack the system as the value of the data on the system. Continuously audit your security, everyone else does it (well they should!)... Use open BSD for goodness sake!

5. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

I do not ever leave my credit card information stored on anyones site.

Anyone who thinks that Sony did all they could/should do to prevent this ... just needs to read what they're saying about it, (like the above statement) to see that they are trying desperately to cover their own azz

6. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

Well I said I would never buy sony after geohot. Seems I have another few reasons after the last month

Tags: Add Tags