1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony's Enfield warehouse torched in London riots

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Aug 2011.

1. von_stylon

von_stylon uber micro

I have info that this might just be sony dumping stock for pure profit. after all it's insured and if you have a warehouse full of lines that just aren't selling then what better way to get full retail value than let it go up in smoke. I didn't hear of anything else in the surrounding area being affected :S

2. planetary

planetary What's a Dremel?

Drove past this yesterday on the M25, they were still putting it at at 17:15. Was mad, could see the smoke for miles.

3. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

no one is going to get my vote by saying it's politically motivated - i personally haven't heard any politicians say it either, they all seem to be condemning it outright.
    "I don't necessarily mean they are thinking about it... it's self evident by their circumstance that something is messed up. They are being negatively affected by something they don't know and thus begin to rebel against whatever it is causing them harm. naturally the government is a target because the whole reason people accept giving government the ability to rule over them is for protection and security... something that is quite obviously not achieved. protection and security includes providing the necessities of life."

4. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Tell that to the millions of conscripts that fought in two world wars. They will be happy that you accused them of insulting professional soldiers.[/QUOTE]

Where did I accuse conscripts of insulting professional soldiers with there presence? I'm saying people like you and your knee jerk reactionary ideas are insulting to the army. Why should we lumber feckless morons on the army for a year in the vain hope it will "teach them respect"? Also who is going to pay for all this? The army is already slashing soldier numbers to 90,000 by 2015 then to 82,000 by the end of the decade. National Service is not a babysitting service.

5. kaligura

kaligura What's a Dremel?

for everyone who thinks more police and brutality is the solution: you do remember that all this began when policemen shot this duggan guy (who probably was a criminal, mind you, but did nothing wrong at that time) and then lied about it. claiming that he shot first when really the cops nearly shot themselves? oh and then they lied some more!

i cannot even begin to fear how often something like this does happen. if anythin we need to regain control of our police forces. for me, as a german, i guess you guys are pretty soft on your citizens. but that's good! you should see how we react to things like this in germany (just google Stuttgart21 protests).

more police wont solve your problems. getting rid of people like cameron and merkel and sarkozy probably would though.

6. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

+1 I couldn't agree with you more.

7. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

but who would people vote for? someone that says they would do things differently, but would do things exactly the same! nearly all people in this country (UK) will only vote for one of three parties (con/lab/lib) most will only vote for one of two (con/lab). people wont vote for any other party even if they share the views of the party because they think it is a wasted vote. its like people treat voting as gambling - they want to back the winner.

8. Xir

Xir Modder

Nope...
    look at your national debt over the past decade or so, it skyrocketed when Bush Jr. had to show daddy what a big boy he was, you were well on the way of lowering you debt after clinton.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt#Causes_of_change_in_debt

9. Paulg1971

Paulg1971 Minimodder

It has happened in Salford, near manchester, 3 cops surround a scumbag on a bike trying to do a runner, and give him a good beating. I say good on them,people can see whats going on and if they don't want to get involved get away from the area, anyone that is still there once the police get organised are only there for trouble, so expect a beating. You can see the clip on youtube,check out police brutality(lol)

10. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Put a smile on my face watching the police dishing out so earned beatings to those little c****

Tags: Add Tags