1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sounds of Asus heard in Hannover

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 16 Mar 2007.

1. rpsgc

rpsgc Minimodder

Finally! Some serious (hopefully) competition to Creative! :D

2. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Small typo there ;)

And it was about time that those useless PCIe X1 slots got filled with some junk ;)

3. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

Whilst I'm currently using a Creative X-Fi card meself (Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro), they certainly aren't the be all and end all, in the world of PC soundcards, by any means.
    There are some damned decent alternatives available :idea:

Terratec spring immediately to mind for a good range of affordable mid - high end PC cards.
    I recently bought my younger son a Terratec Aureon 7.1 for just £30.xx + P&P, and it sounds surprisingly good - considering the low price :cooldude:

Pinnacle also offer quite a few good cards as well - particularly their 'M-Audio' range.
    I still have their 'Revolution 7.1' going strong in one of my rigs, and it's sounding just as good as the day I bought it :hip:

And I have a (BlueGears) HDA 'Digital X Mystique 7.1 Gold' pumping out the vibes in another rig :rock:

If you're happy with what you've got just now, whilst you wait for that Asus PCI-E card, fair enough... but there are good alternatives for anyone looking to buy something other than a Creative card for their PC now :thumb:

4. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

5. rpsgc

rpsgc Minimodder

Tags: Add Tags