Multi Starfield [Sep 6th 2023]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 13 Jun 2021.

1. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I already have like 40 'activities' and 20 side mission on top of the 5 main missions, so I really don't want more! :hehe:

goldstar0011 likes this.
  2. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Oh i know... the quest log builds up quickly!!

It's more for the combat levelling up. You can't get the next rank in weapons/ship/shields etc until you've dished out X amount of damage/absorbed X amount etc - which you can only do by getting into ship-to-ship combat, usually from orbital encounters.

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Oh this feature is fun and annoying at the same time, mainly for the hacking/lockpicking! As you can't unlock the later levels without doing a certain amount of the previous, which is totally luck of the draw!!!! Highly frustrating!

4. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Hacking the galbank cash machines also counts towards lock picks, so just make sure you spend a point in stealth and then go get rich whilst you level up lock pick!

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  5. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

@Sentinel-R1 - cheers for the quest tips, bud (and others for sharing as well, of course). Will bear in mind and try to encourage less collecting of crockery for the next outing...!
    :thumb:

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  6. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Starfield update adds resizeable BAR support. Enabled and gained about 5% FPS, so worth doing if you have NV 30 series or above and your mobo supports.

Bloody_Pete, IanW and Byron C like this.
  7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Sentinel-R1 and Byron C like this.
  9. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

OK, so, even if it is via streaming, Starfield on the Steam Deck is pretty cool.

[​IMG]

Can't play it on controller for the life of me though, so this really is just a novelty.

Vault-Tec and Sentinel-R1 like this.
  11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'm getting 70-80 FPS (I've not checked busier areas yet, this was Cydonia), that is with dynamic resolution on though.

Edit: all other settings are maxed, 1440p, disabled motion blur as I hate it.

12. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Thankfully this fixed itself after a door loading screen. Her head didn't de-cloak on standing up.
    [​IMG]

13. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

[​IMG]

14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Let that teach you not to ask an NPC for some head.

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I’ve got a good one I’ll upload at some point: my ship can instantly teleport me across star systems.

I’m landed at New Atlantis. I go out the rear hatch: New Atlantis spaceport. I get back in the ship and go out the bottom airlock: I’m in… Deimos Shipyard...? Get back on the ship: boom - back on New Atlantis. Go out the rear hatch again: yup, that’s New Atlantis… except half the stuff hasn’t loaded properly and I can fall through the world. Although I didn’t discover that last part until after I’d finished recording the clip…

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well… bollocks. It turns out I’ve hit a game-breaking bug: https://reddit.com/r/Starfield/s/WgTzaEPguF

Stuff and people have disappeared from New Atlantis spaceport and I can fall through missing geometry to the base scenery below. Apparently this can happen when you commandeer an enemy ship (disable their ship instead of blowing it up, board it, kill all crew) and attempt to register or sell it at a port/station.

Side note: even if I didn’t already know that this is the same Bethesda game engine, I’d have realised that when I hit this bug. I was able to find the hidden chest for the Ship Services vendor which contains all of his credits. This is exactly how vendors have worked in Bethesda games for donkeys years: all their inventory and money are in a nearby chest that’s hidden behind scenery. I remember glitching this mechanic in Skyrim.

None of the suggested fixes have worked for me, and the last save I have without this bug is about 11 hours behind my broken saves.

Honestly at this point I am considering just scrapping the save altogether and starting fresh. But I’m extremely pissed off that this wasn’t a priority for the recent patch, people were encountering this in the early access period.

17. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Do you have a auto/quick save from before when you captured the ship?
    I'd hope that the bug wouldn't be present in a save prior to attempting to sell the ship.

If you've not tried, it might also be worth registering the ship while you're in space, then building a mini outpost with a shipbuilder kiosk on a planet (if you've not already got one) and trying to sell the ship there.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Too late. All except two of my save games have this bug, and that includes autosaves, exit saves, and quick saves. The only two not affected are either right at the start of the game on Vectera or about 11hrs before the bug was hit. I'd rather go back and play from the start than re-play the "missing" 11hrs.

19. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Aww that bends. There was a similar game breaking bug in New Vegas too. ED would basically bugger off and become stuck, and you could not do the quest to progress any further into the game. Annoyingly it was a good 20+ hours in, and even running the string to reset him did not work. So I had to start again.

I've stopped playing games at launch now. I waited to play TLOU and I am bloody glad I did (I only had one game breaking bug where Afterburner made the cemetery level crash, so I just disabled it) and from what I hear Uncharted was broken for ages as well, but had been fixed about a week before I started it.

I also bought NFS Unbound, but it is also completely broken with no fix on the horizon.

20. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Bethesda being Bethesda again.
    So predictable.