1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam STEAM... be careful

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by llah66, 24 Apr 2010.

1. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

I had a experiance too.
    I bought gmod with paypal without actually clicking the 'confirm' button.
    Weird, huh?

2. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I don't have a credit card and use a debit card for all my online purchases. My card got blocked after I bought a load of games in the Steam Christmas sale and the HSBC fraud department sent me a text message and left a message on my phone. But how vigilant they are depends on the bank I suppose.

3. October

October Mariachi Style

I use a debit card with Steam and have never had problems, even during sales.

I really don't like the idea of the card getting cut off without even checking with you...what if something came up that you urgently needed it for?

4. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

It can be a pain but its for the best sometimes, my debit card was restricted last year when I was in Jamaica after I tried to lift money from cash machines but had no idea how to work them so buggered it up several times. I only realised my bank had restricted my card when i was in Gatwick airport and tried to buy some duty free booze and my card was rejected. A quick phone call to the bank sorted it out though. Sometimes it is better to be safe.

5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

To be fair it was only after 6 or 7 purchases within a couple of days, without any purchases in between. I just called them up on the number they left and was able to use the card within 5 minutes, so it wasn't really an issue. I was actually glad to know they were doing their job since you don't have the same protection as you do with credit cards.

6. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Try actually reading the replies posted before yours before flaming people for making a valid request about forum etiquette - It might save you from looking like such an arsehole in future.

I get that kind of protection with my bank-issued MasterCard, they've done the same for me on a couple of occasions and MBNA have done the same for my father with his VISA card before. :)
    Doesn't seem to be universal though, sadly.

7. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

buy things using paypal attached to my bank account.. it goes through without issues

8. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

My debit card works fine.

If your having trouble, uninstall the internet.

Zurechial likes this.