Steam Steam game issue

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kinglemur, 19 May 2013.

1. Kinglemur

Kinglemur What's a Dremel?

Hello sirs (and siresses)

Perhaps one of you could help me with an issue I'm having with a game I installed yesterday but am yet to play :sigh:

I've installed the official Olympics game London 2012 and it refuses to launch through Steam. Each time I click play nothing happens. I've tried re-installing the game, installing GPU drivers, checking Windows update and all the steps here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6138-QOAS-3235.

Is there anything else I can do to get this game up and running? I'm running Windows XP

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

This is going to be a Windows XP issue more than likely. Most games are dropping support for XP have you check system requirements in regards OS?

3. vrrox

vrrox What's a Dremel?

I had a quick look at the game http://store.steampowered.com/app/71420/ and the minimum requirement for your OS is Windows Vista SP2 so I'm afraid that is most likely the cause of your problem! :(
    Are you able to upgrade to Windows 7?

4. Kinglemur

Kinglemur What's a Dremel?

Aargh! There was no mention of Vista at least requirement on the back of the box. Rookie mistake :rolleyes:

Sega's initial response to this problem didn't mention any such requirement either...

Thank you for taking the time to help.

5. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

For me XP was history when Vista beta was released. I found it far more stable and robust especially after the first service pack. Never looked back.