1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Student Loans/Grant payments

Discussion in 'General' started by Matticus, 15 Sep 2008.

1. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

April installment is next monday :) for those wondering!

Yes they are a pain and we shouldnt have to pay any interest but thats jsut how it is!

What i do think is a joke is that they give you NO financial help at all do bring your honours degree up to a Masters Degree. You have to fund it all on your own without any loans or grants.

This isn't going to be easy for me as my mother isn't able to pay it so its left to me. Im finishing my second year at uni now and am already having to think about how im going to fund my Masters course.

If anyone knows of any grants or loans i have overlooked let me know :p

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

If you want a masters you should do the course in one go, rather than a postgrad course. Then they do pay. :)

3. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Gah, I just applied for next year's continuation. It took about an hour because the site is sooooo slow. It took ~30secs to load each page. I don't understand why though. It's just a database with about 200 text fields, not anything clever.

If you have £12k of debt, £40/mo is about 4% pa, which is what inflation was last march... and so what if it's not? 4% is still a good rate on a loan.

4. Matticus

Matticus ...

Yeah I can't really complain about the loans.

The only thing that gets my back up is no tuition fees and half fees for our fellow countries in the UK. But that's another argument for another day.

This is all pointless talk, I plan on winning the lottery. Fool proof!

Tags: