1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Study shows violent video games have a real effect

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 1 Dec 2006.

1. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

One could turn the argument on its head - people who have a deep-seated violent tendency like to play games where they can act out their subconscious fantasies of killing people violently. Gaming is the symptom, not the cause.

I really worry about some of you people... :p

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

OK, let's start monitoring really carefully all: soldiers, armed police, any contact sport players, game hunters, gun enthousiasts... :p

3. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Perhaps the lack of a Playstation was the problem? The amish really don't have very many ways to vent their anger and frustration. That makes more sense to me than a tech-savvy kid shooting up a school.

4. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Charles Roberts, the killer, wasn't himself Amish. :nono:

5. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

So you lose your ability to concentrate for a while after intense stimuli. I'd like to know how this affects your normal concentration ability. Does playing lower your daily concentration or does it give it excercise? I see a resemblance here to cardio-vascular traning that strains your heart which leads to less strain when not exercising.

Does playing violent games increase your tolerance to addrenaline and aggression or does it make you more sensitive to them?

Tags: Add Tags