Hardware Summer 2008 Graphics Performance Roundup

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Jul 2008.

1. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

2. hurricane126

hurricane126 What's a Dremel?

damnnnn will crysis kick my comps butt?!?!?!?

well i just recently(sunday) ordered a new dell xps 420 system.its coming with windows vista home premium x32, a p4 q9450 quadcore processer @ 2.66,4 gigs or ddr2 ram, and a ati hd3870 card...22"inch monitor,xtremegamer soundcard,g9 gaming mouse

i didnt bother to try to build one on my own..cause honestly im not that computer inclined..plus i got a decent deal on this comp,used the dell credit,couldnt afford a better comp with ddr3, dual cards, xtc.

i noticed from the benchmarks that the 3870 card did really poor on crysis?!?!?!?damnit! it seemed to do fairly well on the other games..not high fps but should be playable.

im wandering if i will be able to even play this game??im guessing turn the settings to medium or low? run dx10 or 9 when i play? i dont have to have the max graphics, id just like to get to at least play it without freezing up or lagging out!!

what do u guys think settingswise i will be able to run crysis at with this card??

also on a sidenote...if i do upgrade the card sometime soon what would be suitable for my comp? im not sure if itll be able to handle the higher end nvidia cards..the comp only has 1 x16 slot and it comes with a 425 watt power supply..i notice that there is a somewhat decent improvement in fps on the ati hd 4850 benchmarks.and the 4850 isnt that expensive.i checked atis site and seems that its requires the same connectors as the 3870..the 4870 did really good!!! but with my power supply im not sure if itll work..plus i saw that the connectors to the card are different.basically, if i do upgrade i really dont want to have to get a new power supply or mess too much with the wiring..its a brandnew system and i dont want to screw with it too much.im not sure how hard it is to change cables for different types of connections/hardware.or if it would even be possible with my powersupply and mobo..

any suggestions??

3. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Any idea when the 1Gb 4870's hit the shops? Sapphire mention one on their website but nobody has one that I can find.

Tags: Add Tags