Modding Table Computer

Discussion in 'Modding' started by TheRedJew, 7 Apr 2008.

1. TheRedJew

TheRedJew What's a Dremel?

For now im just posting my initial drawings and ideas on this 1 until i finish my current mod and can move on. I had an old
    speaker that didn't work anymore so...of coars....i took a sledge hammer and started to beat it with it. i beat it and beat it until
    i couldn't beat it and more and what was left was the frame -its all made out of MDF so the beating was extra fun-.

anyways the frame reminded of a table and since i like tables :D i figured i might as well put a computer in one (actually a speaker).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:rock:

2. TheRedJew

TheRedJew What's a Dremel?

ill have more drawing soon...

im thinking slide out mouse, keyboard, monitor. keep taken a look and tell me what you think as i show you more of my ideas

3. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

A monitor under the glass would be a nice touch, similar to the ones they have at a lot of stores and stuff, monitors inset into the table at an angle under flat glass.

Slide out KB and mouse would be definitely a good idea, but I don't know where you would put the drawer without it being in the way of the monitor inside, and in the way of your legs when outside. Also, you'll have to bend over to see the screen, is this going to be fun sitting with your chest on your knees trying to type stuff? I think an interesting design would be a slide-open door to access your KB and mouse, use wireless ones that you just take out and put on teh surface when in use, right on top of the glass above the motherboard, then have the monitor slide out vertically, allowing you a nice viewing angle that won't hurt your back and you could even sit back in a chair and type on your lap without too much trouble. Slide the monitor back down and you'd never know it was there, allowing you to put things down like its some sort of storage surface. TV out?