News TalkTalk set for £35 million hit over data breach

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 11 Nov 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

What an absolute crock.
    Anyone with an ounce of common sense should just cancel all their direct debits to these morons.

The fact that Harding has brazenly brushed aside the issue of encryption probably means that they won't be in any hurry to actually secure customer's data, and in the event of another attack, the end-user will lose out big time.

I would love to see a class-action brought against this company for neglect of sensitive information and for them to go completely down the tubes.
    My in-laws were with them a few years ago when my then-fiancé and myself had to live with them for a time. The 10meg unlimited broadband they were providing actually at best (not exaggerating) gave us 2meg. At worst, we were down to 15-20kbps.... sustained over a period of 48-72 hours. I managed to cancel 4 months into the 12 month contract due to blatant misinformation on Talktalk's part, so I don't imagine it would be hard for the people affected by this data breach, to cancel their contracts.