1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress TANGO'd

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by khanage0, 12 May 2008.

1. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

As some of you know ive had to put project K.I.D on the back burner due to my phase unit packing up,not having the money to get all the phase sorted the way i want it at the mo has meant the project is currently on hold.i kept all my kit fitted in K.I.D but due to the weight it just wasnt practical to keep it as it was so all the kit is now fitted into a cheap case and K.I.D is all packed away secure and away from anymore damage untill the time is right to get the project moving along again.

anyway on with TANGO'd,ive watched scrath builds based on alluminium and plexi for a while now an thought id have a go,one thing i noticed about alot of the cube type cases was the way the angled alluminium frame was riveted together and the plexi was fitted on the outside,wanting to be a little different i decided to put the frame on the outside and mitre all the corners.

[​IMG]

the size of the case is always determined by what is gonna be installed and as i was gonna be water cooling with 2 triple rads an be using a 1000watt psu i was gonna need to go fairly big

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

once the rad holes were cut and filled(sorry no pic of the filled holes:() i had to think about the rad grills and after a few hours of looking decided i was gona have to make them myself,so armed with my router a new 10mm bit i was off into the shed to try my hand at making a rad grill and i must say im pleased with the results

[​IMG]

after some filling i fitted it to the side panel,once ive cleaned all the cuts im gonna be painting it black to contrasr with the orange ive painting the side

[​IMG]

a quick look from the other side so you can see the size of the case

[​IMG]

i want too sure how to finish the frame so decided to polish one of the angles an im liking the look so im gonna be polishing the rest in the coming week.

[​IMG]

sorry about the lack of pics,but it started as an experiment to see how it would work out and i just kept liking the results and carrying on.
    any tips on finishing the slots on the rad grill?????was thinking bout having a go at flame polishing but i think there too tight and as i havent tried it before didnt want to ruin what i had already done.

comment an critism welcome

2. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

just noticed in the 5th pic u can just see my attmpt at etching....lol,that panel is gonna be replace but im gonna have a go at an etch but thats for another update:D

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Finishing the slots on the grill? -Sandpaper on a stick, or wrapped around a pencil.

4. dogneely

dogneely sup

ok then

5. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

pwnage
    worthy cheesecake!

6. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I love scratch build cubes, nice work.

7. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Dude, I love it. You've been Tango'd :p