Modding Teaser shots of new project

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Scirocco, 15 Aug 2012.

1. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I'll be getting the NZXT Phantom from MNPCTech.com later this week. In the meantime, here's some teaser shots of Brad painting and the finished art. Oh the plans I have for this... ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Carrie likes this.
  2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Extremely tasty!

3. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

I assume there will be absinthe in the loop for 'weird' performance? :D

4. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

I saw the first few coats of paint go down :D It looked awesome then! Love Absinthe...

5. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Lookin forward to following this project :hip: The case should be arriving at Christine's door tomorrow.

6. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

you mean lost hours and a stinking hang over the next day?

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Yay! This has been long overdue Scirocco!

Consider me subscribed :thumb:

8. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

@Vetalar Well obviously the machine will need "something" to cool it! heheheh

Thanks for your best wishes, guys! Really excited to get going on this project now that I'm all moved in at my new place. Looks like Brad did a stellar job on the art and I'm betting it looks even better in person.

Bill Owen has been great for his advice and support in this project so far. He has provided the initial photos, probably just to make me squirm impatiently! Going to try my hand at some video in addition to still shots during the work log too. Any suggestions you have are very welcome.

I'll be opening up an official worklog once I've gotten started and have some real progress to share.

9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Yay! Looking forward to this. I got a sudden urge to dump some green food color in toad's loop thanks to that last pic. This rig might be good for a booze flask reservoir.;)

10. GeordieGoose

GeordieGoose What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: lovely art and paint work Scirocco

I'd be lucky to spray a stick man to a decent tidiness

11. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Hmmm, Tips for "Project log videos"

Depending on content you're recording, it's sometimes easier to just shoot your footage and do Voice over commentary later. That way you can edit the footage down, without worrying about editing your "Live" audio....and you get better audio of your voice anyways.. Most editing software should allow you to drag your audio track from your video, So if youre using a webcam to record everything, you can record video when doing the commentary, and just separate that audio track from your footage.... It's a trick I learned before I had a decent microphone....

Lighting is always crucial... We always try to shoot videos mid day, for the best ambient lighting...

If you can, recruit a camera person, it gives your video a more professional feel.... (I understand getting extra help isn't always easy)

Background Music can create drama or help set atmosphere in videos... however, you have to make sure it's royalty free! ...otherwise your video may be subject to being muted by YouTube!

Keep Video Intros down to 10 secs or less....nobody likes a long Intro

List any sponsors in the video Outro

ALWAYS tell your viewers Thank you and to Subscribe to your channel at the end of your video.

You can use YouTube Annotations to post animated thought bubbles too....

and finally, Don't be afraid to edit down mundane content like Unscrewing, Hand Filing, Cutting things.. we all know what tools do... It's about the incremental steps involved, than sharing everything...

Oh, and periodic shots of your Pet are always fun... if you have one?... Hey, I like seeing Workshop Mascots! and once Dixie, da beagle is fully house broken, (nearest grass patch is a haul from my shop), she'll be seen bossing me around in my workshop

Last edited: 16 Aug 2012
  12. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

Needs more Kylie. Other than that nice!