1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows THE bit-tech StarCraft 2 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Horizon, 5 Jul 2010.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

anyone else here trying to play with SLI? damn thing keeps on kicking my drivers in the face under load.

i shall prevail and report back

2. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I have SLI mate and no issues at all.. the game is very polished and the package really clicks well together. I have some RL friends playing WoW and its cool to be able to chat and broadcast messages to them :) Only taking me 1 min max to find a game.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

interesting, im gonna roll over to whql's and see how things go.

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I'm a big TD/Maul fan and I am extremely surprised to see the game run so well with hundreds of units in the map. I was playing Red Circle TD and even at over 380 units (near death) on the map the game runs perfectly fine on my PC

Awesome

EDIT: phenom II X3 720@3.4, 6GB DDR800, GTX260 216

5. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

Really? In some UMS maps I played in the beta, unit lag made the game crap its pants and slow down to 1fps. In Maul's Spiral TD, the game started becoming unplayable around level 10, and in Spine Crawler TD the attack animations had to be removed so the map was playable.

I feel like it shouldn't be my hardware, as I'm running an i7-920 and a GTX 275.

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I don't know what your problem was but for me it was running surprisingly well. I did get a message once about someone else slowing the game down, but that's it.

I was honestly expecting to need to drop the details to the minimum settings because I always prioritize a perfect framerate but it turns out I don't need to !

7. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

Huh, well maybe in some of the later patches it was improved. I didn't play much past my first three weeks in the beta once Blizz started doing stat resets pretty much weekly... that was demotivating, even though I knew none of that would carry over.

8. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

The game has been 100% smooth for me. I think the practice ladder is a fantastic idea for players like myself who didn't play the beta because I'm still learning the counters and capabilities of my units without getting shitloads of losses first, which is what happened in Warcraft 3.

9. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

had this as well, and heard about it about. Some Nividia cards (not sure bout ATI) have issues with the engine.

The solution is simple, all you have to do is add 2 lines to a variable.txt in your my documents and you golden.

EDIT: just found it again, for all you that are interested: http://aftabsultan.com/?p=79

:rock:

EDIT 2: ya I know it says beta, but this is something that release versions are missing as well.

Last edited: 28 Jul 2010
  10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

seems im not the only one having issues atm, the SC2 forums are loaded with people having performance issues.

I will purchase it when I have some spare dollah but until some of the bugs have been ironed out it'll have to sit on the backburner. shame really I was enjoying myself until it all went pete tong.

11. eVoPhantom

eVoPhantom What's a Dremel?

This doesnt bode well for for my old 64 3500+, dual 7800 gtx...... anyone running it on similar spec to mine?

12. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Predownloaded it and was on in 20 minutes after installing. Epic game.

13. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Please learn to read. He said in the BETA. Beta = / = finished game.

14. eVoPhantom

eVoPhantom What's a Dremel?

Thank you for your needlessly patronising reply, you are aware that betas are early versions of the game and may be indicative of the finished game?

As long as my question isn't bothering you do you mind leaving it to others who may be able to help?

Thanks in advance

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

there are performance issues with the final code, lots of users reporting this on the official forums so id hang back for a bit and wait for a fix

16. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Ok, so performance issues aside, are the people that are able to play it enjoying it?

Still no reviews as far as I can see!

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

well ive gotten through 4 levels so far and it has that nice retro feel to it whilst feeling very polished (albiet the performance issues) yeah i can see myself stepping onto the retail version when its sorted out :)

18. Altron

Altron Minimodder

I played the beta on my C2D T7500 (2 x 2.2GHz) with a Quadro FX570M (essentially a mobile workstation version of the Geforce 8400)

It ran fine. At 1920x1200, I had to tone down some of the settings to medium/low, but otherwise no issues.

I'm assuming that the graphics engine hasn't gotten more demanding since the beta (if anything, it was probably optimized a little bit), so that spec should be alright I would think.

This does sound like a software bug rather than the graphics cards not being capable. Those having problems, did you try the fix suggested by Draksis?

19. impar

impar Minimodder

20. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

I'm running SC2 on my laptop without any problems. Medium gfx, 1680x1050, C2D (2.0), 3gb ram and a NVIDIA 8600M.

So far I'm loving the Campaign. It has it's pros & cons but Blizzard did a very good job at this one.
    I just finished the Lava level where you mine for the former Ghost member.

Tags: