1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress The Black Widow

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 7 Jul 2012.

1. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

Black Widow Continued

hi guys, the black widow (even though not exactly finished, has already been to 3 exhibitions together with the PC-Reforged, Phenom VS:Venom and Wicked Widow Keyboard set i made. By the way, you can also almost see the 360 turntable i made upon which the Black Widow is placed. I will be posting the worklog for it after the DCMM too. I managed to make a table that turn with 3 revs a minute and delivers the 220volt required too without any contact rings at all. it can even turn my weight. total cost only 30 euros. perfect for demo purposes.
    The consumenta in Nürnberg, a small Festival in Nürnberg and the YOU2012 in Berlin.
    Here are some fotos i made there. Like I said, not exactly finished yet though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://we-mod-it.com/index.php?page
    [IMG]http://we-mod-it.com/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=3110&h=01d2f5db79d8e1c448cd90ab8b2675837feaedfe=
    Attachment&attachmentID=3109&h=91b3c4179a1a9d2e502832dd421e004134a949fe[/IMG]
    more to come...

2. AlderonnX

AlderonnX Minimodder

Nice!!

3. abbas-it

Goooooooooooodddddddd mooooooornnningggggggggg BIT-TECH
    I am over the moon guys, I was just at the German Casemodding Championship and
    i really didnt think i would be able to top my results of 1 gold and 2 silver from 2011.
    But wonders never sieze.
    I won 5 Trophies.
    Gold with The Black Widow as Best Case-Construction
    [​IMG]

Gold with the RENEGADE, The Public Enemy as best Case Modification
    [​IMG]

Gold with the RENEGADE, The Public Enemy as the best in Cases on the Move
    [​IMG]
    Silver with The Wicked Widow Keyboard Set
    [​IMG]
    and Silver in 24 Hour Live Modding Challenge with my WDHC (together with Johannes Loew)
    [​IMG]
    unbelievable. Noone has ever won 5 tropies and 3 of them in gold sofar at the DCMM so i am realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy proud and honored.
    most of all though for the RENEGADE which has really been a modding odyssey

4. Blooddrunken

Blooddrunken In Flames we Trust

congrats to you for all trophies :thumb:

5. Squigly

Squigly MODfiend.. ~twitch~

big ups bud!!!

6. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Congrats !

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Feels weird commenting on 3 different things but you've been a busy modder so copy paste is in order. :hehe:

Think I expressed how impressed I am with your massive creativity abbas a good few times already :D the trophies officially acknowledge it, congrats dude, 5 tropies in 1 event, that's a heck of a feat. :D:clap:

Got to say I think I'd like that 24 hour challenge but are you allowed to go at that with a plan but you just have to make it in the 24 hours?, bet it's a lot of fun, I'm quite used to modathons. :D

Keep on modding abbas. :D:dremel::rock:

I imagine it might be tempting to mod 1 of the tropies to support a tiny PC. :D

8. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Congrats on the prizes, you deserved them. ;)

9. abbas-it

thanks everyone, was one hell of a modding year. but more is to come, bigger better stronger baby. 2013 will be a real killer again, so many brilliant ideas, i cant sleep.

10. RustyTool

RustyTool What's a Dremel?

congrats for this awesome build. it's unique. u really deserved the prizes!!
    what kind of wood did u use for this?
    I couldn't find if it was mentioned before.

11. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

couldn't have pm'd him?....gratz btw :)

12. abbas-it

Got to say I think I'd like that 24 hour challenge but are you allowed to go at that with a plan but you just have to make it in the 24 hours?, bet it's a lot of fun, I'm quite used to modathons. :D
    I imagine it might be tempting to mod 1 of the tropies to support a tiny PC

sorry for the late replies guys,
    well you can take plans and stencils bit are not allowed to mark and draw any concrete forms on your materials. they check and want to see you actually tracing everything on to your ply and plexi etc.. tools, materials, building stuff and other selfmade helper tools especially for the challenge are allowed.

congrats for this awesome build. it's unique. u really deserved the prizes!!
    I couldn't find if it was mentioned before.congrats for this awesome build. it's unique. u really deserved the prizes!!
    I couldn't find if it was mentioned before.

if you meant the BLACK WIDOW, well it made of ply at the sides and bent furneer layerd bendable wood on the frant and back. can now even be bought as bendable play wood. the grain is all in one direction so it bends that way easily.